No rating

Quality Time Early Learning Center

Private | PK-1 | 99 students

Living in Silver Spring

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $450,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted April 23, 2010

QTELC is decent. My child attended two years there and he learned a lot. The only thing that I did not like was the fact that they have too many hidden fees and let you know at last minute. Those fees are mandatory so if you don't pay your child is out of the school. Oh... and the deposit amount is never refunded back to you. Make sure you keep track of that otherwise you can kiss the deposit good bye.

Posted April 23, 2010

QTELC produces well rounded students. I am a parent of a three year old student at QTELC. My daughter is doing extremely well and has thrived during her time there. There is an awesome sense of community at this school and the student population is truly international. There are wonderful teachers, and teachers that are merely adequate. I think the latter group are comprised of those that have become complacent after too many years of service, and those that are unhappy with pay. I suppose the same could be said for any school. The academic curriculum is excellent. At two years of age - my child could identify several planets in the solar system, count to 30, spell her name, and of course recite her ABC's. The fluctuating charges are of concern. However, most of the changes occur during annual registration or re-registration as the school adjusts to meet its costs.

Posted January 26, 2009

Excellent school. They work the children a grade level ahead. My 2 children attended as well as 4 of my nephews over the last 10 years. Too bad they did not get enough support for a 2nd grade. Otherwise my children would still be there this year.

Posted August 20, 2008

QTELC provides an above-avarage academic level at least from the curiculum it uses. However it is getting worse for the service such as just one-day ahead notice for the change of cost or schedule. Especially all kinds of 'hidden' cost. You may see the tuition itself not much, but the over $200 non-refundable registration fee, $80 school supply fee and $100 civic fee, as well as summer activity fee are all mandartory and not included in the tuition. I am kind of feel that they lure you by the moderate tuition, then charge you more.

Posted August 7, 2008

My child attended QTEL for several years. It was a waste of time and money and I deeply regret sending him there. He studied all day with not a lot of play, had homework every night and learned some. On his report card, which is issued every quarter, he received outstanding grades but he did not come close to passing the early entrance exam for kindergarten. I believe this school advertises to be an academic school but it is not!

Posted July 1, 2008

The owner, Mr. Crump, has a habit of surprising parents with 'hidden' fees that are not provided to the parents ahead of time in writing. The school raises costs of items at a moment's notice. When parents complain about this practice, they are treated as if it's okay for the school to do this. The parents don't have any recourse, except to leave the school, thereby forfeiting any non-refundable pre-paid fees. The education portion of the school is about average

Posted August 28, 2007

They have helped my daughter soo much! i love them. My daughter is 3 now and we have nothing but positive things to say about qtelc.

Posted June 18, 2007

My son attended QTELC since he was 2 yrs old. We do not regret spending our money. The quality of education he gained there was the best. Thanks Mr. Crump and your staff.

Posted April 26, 2006

My daughter is currently attending Quality Time and I truly, truly believe that it is an excellent school. Your money is well spent! My daughter is four years old and is spelling, reading and counting. I am very happy that I chose this school for my daughter! I would recommend it to anyone who would like their child to get a good education!!!!!

Posted December 30, 2005

My daughter attended Quality Time for 2 years and came out of there with a wealth of knowledge. I remember vividly her first day. I took her to her Kindergarten class and was chatting with the teacher. My daughter knew her alphabet, could recognize certain words but couldn't quite read. The teacher said that in 3 months my daughter will know how to read, I smiled and told her that we would see about that. Sure enough, she knew how to read and was reading better than her cousin who was 5 years older than her. The following year, she went to one of the most amazing teachers and using the great books picked by the school, the curriculum and all of the homeworks assigned on a daily basis, she learned a lot. We wish we could still afford to send her there...Great school...

Posted December 28, 2005

Quality Time Early Learning Center is the BEST!. My son has attended there for the last three years and it has been a wonderful experience. I had so many fears in placing him in school at three and the half since he is diabetic. From the first time I talked to his teachers, I had a good feeling about leaving my child in their care. The principal, teachers and assistants are all caring and loving people. He received excellent care. The academic standard is one of the highest I have seen. By the end of his four year old program he was reading and writing very well! He was taught phonics and reads way above his grade level. This is our last year and I really don't know which school will be able to match QTELC level. I only wish it was up to at least the six grade! Rated Five

Posted February 1, 2005

Our oldest son attended this school in 1999 for pre-k. We had a wonderful experience and he was reading by the end of the school year. We are now considering it for your youngest son. It is a shame that qtels only goes up to the 1st grade.

Posted November 5, 2004

My son attended this school and came away with a wealth of book knowledge as well a strong sense of morals for a young child. I would encourage any parent to give their child this foundation. Great staff, Mr Crump, principal, may appear gruff but that is just exterior - he knows every child by name and loves them dearly. They inturn love and respect him. My strongest prayers are for the schools and its staff continous guidance and that they can expand to a full elementary school, and later a high school. (Only reason I left.) Thank you Mr Crump, Ms Nash & Assistant,Ms Katrina and Assistant and everyone else who made my son have such a wonderful formative experience. I can appreciate what you did now that I have other schools to compare yours with.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8101 Georgia Avenue