No rating

Quality Time Early Learning Center

Private | PK-1

Living in Silver Spring

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $450,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted August 7, 2014

My son attended Quality Time from age 2yrs old through Kindergarten. The teachers are great and work to bring out the best in each child. The curriculum is excellent and one of the best for the various age groups that the school serves. Because of the advance and challenging curriculum, the kids in kindergarten take the standardized test. My son was well prepared for elementary school after leaving Quality Time and now attends private school and has been on the honor roll for the past three years. I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for quality child care in a warm environment with state of the art technology and a challenging curriculum. Excellent school!

Posted August 7, 2014

Quality Time gave my son a great start in school. His PreK-3 and PreK-4 teachers, especially, were talented, dedicated professionals. By the time my son started public kindergarten, he was well ahead of his peer group. Some people criticize academic rigor at too young of an age--but my son was always so happy there. I think Quality Time's operation as a business could use a bit of improvement, along with communication. But I keep coming back to my son being safe, always happy to be there, and well prepared for moving on in school.

Posted August 3, 2014

Quality Time is an EXCELLENT school. The administration, teachers are wonderful. My child just graduated this year and he loved the school. He is reading on a second grade level. I will miss the QT family.

Posted July 31, 2014

I'd like to first start off by saying some of the bad reviews this school recieved are unwarranted and make no sense what so ever. ( the school smells bad) Well I got news for you kids use the bathroom. #$%* happens, you can go to any other day care or early learning facility and find that same smell. That just says even more about the techers who change the children. Its normal. Secondly when camparing a quality advanced cirriculum vs fees your not going to find a better school in the area for the price. It drives me crazy when people talk about everything else but education. I have 3 girls that attend QTELC and a 7 year old that is there for the summer program and recently enrolled in public schools. (I'll just say too bad QTELC don't have a 1st grade.) In closing I plan on sending all of my kids here. I recommend you do the same if you want your kids to have a quality foundation in regards to reading and writing with a smooth transition into elementary school.

Posted July 30, 2014

Quality Time Learning Center is a the best preschool in the area. After 2 weeks of scouting childcare centers, we choose Quality Time Early Learning Center. It was one of the best decisions of our lives. The warmth of the staff, education, and cleanliness were the deal breakers. Your child is taken care as if you had never left to drop him off. Our son became acclimated very quickly and gained social skills. Most importantly, Quality Time Learning Center afforded our son a superior education. He was pushed beyond his potential. The teachers made learning fun and relevant. The teachers made him an independent thinker. He gained the necessary skills that helped him mature and fulfill his young curiosity. Our son went to elementary school more than prepared. He was immediately put into honors classes and excelled. QTELC provided safe recreation activities for growing young muscles, stabilization and sportsmanship. Also, QTELC took the kids on relevant field trips to develop young growing minds. The learning development that QTELC provides is in a class by itself, you won t be disappointed. We are forever grateful to Quality Time Early Learning Center.

Posted July 28, 2014

Both my sons attended the day care and school from infants (3 months each). I had a positive experience and was please with the level of education provided as well as the caring and safe atmosphere. I liked that the school exposed the children to a level of educational rigor early, but kept it paced at the level of learning for each individual child. One of my sons completed high school this year and will be going to college in Fall 2014; the other is entering his junior year of high school. They have both experienced academic success in Montgomery County public schools and I believe it is because of the educational foundation they received at QTELC.

Posted July 24, 2014

My 2 children last attended in 2005, one thru 2nd grade and the other thru kindergarten. Both started at 6 months old. They were well prepared for Gift and Talented classes in Montgomery County Public Schools and the oldest will now be attending college, as an Engineering major.

Posted July 22, 2014

My daughter started QTELC when she was 2 yrs old and she is now 7. She had been a home daycare and contemplated moving her to a center so early but I must say it was one of the best decisions I made. Within 2 weeks Ms. Shelia had her potty trained and doing things out of the ordinary. She moved on to the 3yr old class with Ms. Katrina and progressed so fast I couldn't believe how she speaking, writing, and communicating to others. Their curriculum is hands down a great curriculum. At age 3, my daughter was doing things the average 4 yr old would do. I remember her last day at QTELC, I spoke with Ms. Katrina and she said something that stuck with me to this day. She said "you need to make sure you put her in a place that is going to challenge her or she will get bored". At age 7, this still remains true. My daughter was accepted in the Talented and Gifted program in PG County, she is a straight A student, and reading above grade level. Without the initial teaching, love, and commitment from the teachers at QTELC, I don't think she would be where she is now and for that I am forever grateful.

Posted July 22, 2014

Quality Time Learning Center is an EXCELLENT school and it isn't just my opinion. The academic scores speak for themselves! The administration has developed a curriculum that challenges the kids without overstretching their capabilities. They are learning well beyond their average and incorporating technology (through use of the interactive Promethean board). For the 2014-2015 academic year, each child will learn using their own tablet in addition to fundamental skills of handwriting, floor time, Spanish and music classes, homework, imaginative and physical play. They also attend field trips. There is encouraging support for the parent teacher organization and administration to work cooperatively, and the staff always supports personal involvement in your child's schooling. The staff is also extremely sensitive each family's concerns, at least I can attest to that. I would not change anything. I am so gald that I found Quality Time. My only regret is that I enrolled my son at 18 months instead of age 3 when I found them by chance. I recommend them to anyone.

Posted June 12, 2014

The Worst principal and management I had bad expriance with them they don't have manners. Am glad this year is over am not goining any more to see that un welcome feace.

Posted May 10, 2014

This is my first ever post to review a service or product. I felt I should after reading some of these reviews. Simply put, the teachers are great! Your child should progress just fine, which trumps the fact you have to deal with the owner and sons. They do a poor job managing parents expectation on the backend $$$. Its like signing a contract with someone, and all the hidden fees soon appear. They claim their adminstration process is flawless, so if your situation is at odds with them, be prepared to receive an attitude to go jump off a cliff. I'm a parent, customer and not a sensitive type, but I appreciate not having to feel like it's me vs. them. BUT, my little one progress is whats important.

Posted February 13, 2014

Positive: it is a safe environment for children, the teachers are really dedicated to teaching. QTLC really does well with incorporating technology with learning. Overall, it is a good school. Negative: fees, they love to add fees tell you at the last moment without any alternatives. Next, they push an advance curriculum on kids which not a bad thing, but for children who are still learning the basics it can be overwhelming. The administrators of the school, at times they push technology so much, they loose focus on the basics, teaching the kids. Last min policy changes and more fees. It can be a turn off

Posted October 11, 2013

As a parent, I am surprised at the OUTRAGEOUS comments on some of these posts. My child has attended Quality Time since two years old. The quality of the education level is second to none in the area. Their kindergarten classes general score in the top %5 of the country. Also recently they added Promethean Smart Boards into the classroom and began to use a new Digital Curriculum. I would challenge and parent to tell me where my child will have a Smart interactive board in their classroom, being used solely to instruct! Also all these post about fees..... yes the school had fees in the past, however they have recently done away with ALL OF THE FEES. ( I REPEAT THERE ARE NO MORE FEES) It saddens me that a school of this caliber would receive so much scrutiny over monetary issues, and I do realize that we all have our personal issues. But COME ON Parents!!!!! If your child attends QTLC then they go to one of the top PRIVATE schools in the area that provides arguably the best educational experience for children at competitive prices ( I've checked around myself). Please stop all the petty complaints about price and do what is NEEDED and BEST for your child!!!

Posted September 11, 2013

Terrible, extremely unprofessional staff and management. They management has no manners. The school smells bad, and they make up extra fees as you the school year goes on. Please do not sign your child in this school. There are better options!

Posted January 25, 2013

The quality at this school is decreasing! When I put in my first child, she did so well and we saw excellent progress. Now she is in a class with 25 children for two teachers, sharing the same room with with two other classes of more than 20 kids each! My second child is stuck in a basement where he can only go out for an hour each day (if it is 45 degree or more). He is two in a class of children ranging from 18 to almost 3. I am not sure how lesson plans can really be thought in this setting. The teachers are great but the learning envirionment has deteriorated...Think about that before enrolling your child.

Posted January 7, 2013

I have been meaning to do this for some time and here I go. I really like this school for my daughter. My daughter attended another school that was more expensive about two blocks away and they let her run around with no structure and no schedule so we took her out of that school to put in in QTLC and I absolutely love it. My daughter loves this school Originally she started in a classroom that was not appropriate for her age but I voiced my concerns and they made changes to her class immediately. My daughters teacher takes her job very seriously. My daughter is happy to attend school every day and gives her teacher a big hug every morning. The principal takes his job very seriously and we really like that. My daughter is only 2 is already learning how to write her name, of course she knows her colors and is identifying letters. It is true that are fee's that suddenly come up - i think that communication with the parents really needs to be better as far as the fee's- the schedules they provide are confusing .If they ever "waive" a fee have them putting in writing. to us is worth the money just would like them to be better of telling you from the begining about all the fees.

Posted October 9, 2012

We send our 2-year old daughter here and she really enjoys it. She comes home singing songs and talking about her friends. The care givers are really nice and attentive. There are a lot of additional fees, but I don't mind it too much because they are for things like art supplies and people coming in to do musical and dramatic shows for the kids. There is a strong religious element that comes through when I'm at parent meetings with the executive staff, which is unusual since it's not a religious school. But overall she is safe and happy, so I give it five stars.

Posted September 13, 2012

My child was abused and neglected at this center. The staff was lazy, obnoxious, and unprofessional. The director was creepy. The staff broke child care laws almost daily. I got my child out of there as fast as I could.

Posted May 21, 2012

This school is strong academically. There are lots of hidden (and seemingly arbitrary) fees, but we put up with it because the teachers are warm and dedicated, and our kids are happy. They could use an upgrade to the playground and a re-vamping of the summer camp, but overall we are satisfied. Would recommend.

Posted January 19, 2012

I had a terrible experince with the owner of the school. He suspended my children from school without providing any notice of any infractions. I purchased 14 uniform shirts from the front office staff and my twin sons wore those shirts everyday of their attendance (6 weeks). Noone informed me that I was sold the wrong shirts. The owner of the school suspended my sons without allowing the opportunity for resolution or apology for their mishap. This is not an example of commitment to the education of young children. Due to his lack of professionalism and insight, I was forced to find a better school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8101 Georgia Avenue