Bad
Good

I am currently a seventh grader at SSIMS and I think that it's pretty good. They have a wide range of electives and classes and you can get credits for high school when you take algebra or if you're in immersion. Plus it's an international baccalaureate school which makes the teaching/learning style different. I think that 7th grade is probably the hardest grade and personally I don't really like the ib program but it is good. Some people might call it "ghetto" but there are different groups of people like in every school. It is pretty diverse and the only real complaint I have is the administration, they are constantly stressing to us that we shouldn't push in the halls and stuff like that but to some of us who aren't doing it it's unfair. The principal is talking to us like it's ALL of us who are doing it. I don't expect to be praised for doing the right thing but he could realize that's its not all of us. So far I have liked most of my teachers and the English teachers are great! I would definitely recommend it and people who call it "ghetto" haven't experienced it's greatness and variety!

This is our 6th year with a child at Silver Spring International. Our children's have benefited from the dedicated teachers and an administration that works to increase student achievement as well as connectedness for all students.

There are bad students. Some teachers make the kids late to class. No respect, not very good punishment.

Silver Spring International Middle School is an excellent school. The staff is outstanding, the course offerings are very rigorous and expansive. I would definitely recommend this school!

Our experience with SSI has been terrific. Many elective offerings and unique clubs give every single child enriching learning opportunities. The student body is remarkably diverse. The principal is involved at every level and dynamic. The teaching staff is amazing -- dedicated, creative, and clued into adolescence. The facility could be better, but the school has such heart, that it's not a serious downside.

Last modified Silver Spring International Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.