Bad
Good

Posted February 10, 2013
I am currently a seventh grader at SSIMS and I think that it's pretty good. They have a wide range of electives and classes and you can get credits for high school when you take algebra or if you're in immersion. Plus it's an international baccalaureate school which makes the teaching/learning style different. I think that 7th grade is probably the hardest grade and personally I don't really like the ib program but it is good. Some people might call it "ghetto" but there are different groups of people like in every school. It is pretty diverse and the only real complaint I have is the administration, they are constantly stressing to us that we shouldn't push in the halls and stuff like that but to some of us who aren't doing it it's unfair. The principal is talking to us like it's ALL of us who are doing it. I don't expect to be praised for doing the right thing but he could realize that's its not all of us. So far I have liked most of my teachers and the English teachers are great! I would definitely recommend it and people who call it "ghetto" haven't experienced it's greatness and variety!

Posted October 30, 2009
This is our 6th year with a child at Silver Spring International. Our children's have benefited from the dedicated teachers and an administration that works to increase student achievement as well as connectedness for all students.

Silver Spring International Middle School 1

Posted March 18, 2009
There are bad students. Some teachers make the kids late to class. No respect, not very good punishment.

Silver Spring International Middle School 5

Posted April 15, 2008
Silver Spring International Middle School is an excellent school. The staff is outstanding, the course offerings are very rigorous and expansive. I would definitely recommend this school!

Posted March 04, 2008
Our experience with SSI has been terrific. Many elective offerings and unique clubs give every single child enriching learning opportunities. The student body is remarkably diverse. The principal is involved at every level and dynamic. The teaching staff is amazing -- dedicated, creative, and clued into adolescence. The facility could be better, but the school has such heart, that it's not a serious downside.

Posted December 22, 2005
I have two boys that attend SSIMS in grades 7 and 9. SSIMS is a good school with a great academic program and caring teachers. With a strong PTSA and new principal, the school is on its way back to a stronger acadamic standing. There are advanced classes as well as extra help provided if students need it. The teachers are genuinely interested in the kids and take the time out to respond to e-mails and phone calls. I would recommend this school to any parent.

Silver Spring International Middle School 1

Posted June 30, 2005
So much is promised every year and every year the administration fails to deliver. This is still a school in transition; unfortunately, no progress is being made. Don't be fooled by the reputation of Montgomery County schools. The district is divided into a 'red zone--schools in crisis' and a 'green zone--successful schools'. Unfortunately, SSI is in the middle of the 'red'. When calling about schools in this area ask about the 'red' and 'green' zones as these terms were created by the district administration. Most distrubing is the lack of safety in the school. Having procedures for a lock-down, code red, does not make it safe.

Silver Spring International Middle School 5

Posted October 26, 2004
The richness of the diversity of teachers and students is unmatchable elsewhere. My daughter has had so many great experiences here.. Shakespeare monologue contest, softball team, amazing drama class, and on and on. The teacher energy is constant and the new principal is fabulous...and the PTSA and parent involvement is very exciting!

Posted October 25, 2004
My daughter, who is deslexic, has just entered SSI in the 6th grade. I was hesitant to enter her into SSI. I was pleasantly surprised by the teachers she has and their dedication. I am very pleased, and was somewhat surprised, by the dedication and competence of the special ed team at the school, particularly by their coordinator. I get the impression everyone is working very hard to see these kids do well. There do seem to be somewhat serious social issues, kids treatening other kids, but their also seems to be a core group of kids who support each other.

Posted October 24, 2004
This year at SSIMs, with its new leadership and an active PTSA, challenges will be met and everyone will benefit. I have a student in advanced Math and English classes at the school and am very impressed with her teachers and their dedication and desire for my child to succeed. As more parents became active in their children's education at SSIMs, I predict that this school will be the envy of the county.

313 Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD  20910
Last modified Silver Spring International Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.