Silver Spring, MD
After care: No

Posted September 07, 2012
Nora is a great school. My son had a very difficult time in a large public school and a private school. But since he came to Nora things changed gradually. He's now much happier and motivated. Academically he's also doing much better. The school is not judgemental. They give students space to grow in ways that suit them best. The faculty is so caring, encouraging, and inspiring. Students are understanding and support each other. It's a very warm and welcoming community. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 06, 2011
I came to Nora from a larger private school with over 6,000 students. The students there were extremely cruel, and hurtful. I ended up becoming so scared of school I took a medical leave, and left the school. I came to Nora not knowing what to expect. Currently, I am on top of my assignments, have a lot of friends, and I am really happy. Nora changed my life, and if it wasn't for the Nora school I wouldn't be able to feel good about myself.

Posted July 28, 2010
My daughter transferred into The Nora School from a large public high school which is excellent, but was a terrible fit for her. At the public school, my daughter hated school, hated herself, hated life. She didn t know what her assignments were and didn t care. By contrast, a few months after she started at Nora, when asked her what she liked about the school, she said, everything! She kept on top of her assignments, and was eager to do them. Nora is structured without being like a boot camp. You get the sense that teachers want the kids to succeed rather than trying to trick them; that they really enjoy teaching, rather than merely doing a job. The courses are experiential and very engaging. The school works closely with students and parents to create an individualized way to meet each student s needs. Submitted by parent of former student (2007-2010)

The Nora School 0

Posted December 17, 2009
My son has a slight learning disability that was ignored by the county schools. He also did poorly at another private school designed for learning disabled. However, at the Nora School he has been on the honor roll for two years straight. His teachers inspire him and he is becoming a very broad and creative thinker and his production in the liberal arts amazes us.

The Nora School