Silver Spring, MD

Yeshiva Of Greater Washington Girls Division 5

Posted July 14, 2012
I left my local Jewish high school completely unsure of what to expect at the Yeshiva of Greater Washington. My parents met with Rabbi Katz and asked what makes the Yeshiva so different from other schools. His response? "We show the girls who they CAN be, and not who they SHOULD be." Well, coming from a cookie-cutter school, that sounded amazing, but starting over in a new place was still nerve-wracking. Before school started I had a meeting with Rabbi Katz and I discovered that the best events in my life come with nerves. I learned so much during my time there. It seemed that the teachers were more open to teaching us the way we needed to be taught rather than the way they thought we should be taught, with as much individual attention as they could afford. They also seemed to enjoy coming to work each day, which was a big difference from my previous school. With smaller classes, open halls and lunch time, it was easy to become friends with girls from any grade. My grade was the largest to ever graduate at 44 girls, and I am still friends with most of them. The two years I spent at YGW were the best of my high school career and I am so proud to call the school my Alma Mater.

Yeshiva Of Greater Washington Girls Division 5

Posted November 03, 2009
The girls who attend this wonderful school are encouraged by both religious and secular teachers to challenge themselves to the best of their abilities. Supported by the Jewish community and tuition paid by the students' parents, the school endeavors to provide a wide variety of experiences both in and out of the school building.

Yeshiva Of Greater Washington Girls Division
2010 Linden Lane, Silver Spring, MD  20910
Last modified Yeshiva Of Greater Washington Girls Division is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Yeshiva Of Greater Washington Girls Division Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top