Bad
Good

Northwood is a very nice school. It offers many programs including medical, technology, and law. They say there is many gangs ,but to be honest thats not true. just because this school is located near Langley Park doesnt mean it had a lot of gangs its not a bad school! I am currently a junior I graduate 2014. I recomend this school! I remeber when I was chosing this school they said there was alot of bullying , but theres not, I mean in every school there is but here it depends who you mess with. I remeber my parents were scared to let me come here but in the end they were satisfied and relieved knowing that its not a bad school. I recomend it for any incoming 9th graders. I give this school a 5 star rating.

Northwood is a fantastic school! My friend was going here and so I decided to go. The teachers are really foccussed on me as a person and what I can do to bring my grades up. I love the way my gym class is because the coach is hard on us to stay in shape. I love Northwood!

I'm so happy Northwood reopened. I graduated in 1978. My daughter is now a freshman and loves the school. I have great communication with teachers and they respond quickly. Great after school programs and the AVID is an awesome program to get students ready for college.

Lunches are too long because they focus on diversity, and once that is established, the academic standards are lowered from the lack of requirements given to the students. What else do they have but 'pride' in sports and.. well, of course, diversity..?

The school has poor administration. There are alwyas lots of teachers leave the school every year.

Northwood is a really diverse school. it focuses mainly on academic and sports. also there are a lot of great teachers who go out of their way to make sure you do well in school,

Northwood High School is a small high school in a large Maryland suburban county outside Washington, D.C. The administration, staff, and students are like a large family. If a student needs help, it is there. Very positive environment with a lot of community involvement. Could not find a better school with smaller classes for my ADD student. Teachers are very receptive to e-mails and respond promptly! Good variety of special academies for students with special interest like law enforcement, music, drama, etc.

Northwood has a huge alumni following. After being closed for 24 years it reopened and my son was in the first graduating class. My husband and myself and our brothers and sisters all graduated from Northwood.

Outstanding theater program and top-notch academics!

Last modified Northwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.