Posted December 18, 2013
Outstanding school! I've subbed in a lot of elementary school in the county and this school is a rare gem in MCPS. If you are lucky enough to have this as your home school, then you are lucky enough! The staff, adminstration, school counselor, and school secretaries are amazing!! The interactions I have seen between staff and students have all been warm and nurturing. I just can't say enough good things about this school.

Posted July 13, 2013
Roscoe Nix is a great school and it helps my above average child flourish. I am sad that this is my child's last year.

Posted February 19, 2013
We came from BME which was a complete nightmare. Roscoe Nix is like a breath of fresh air. An oasis. The principal and teachers are both well qualified and motivated. The atmosphere of the school is quiet, safe, happy and disciplined. My son went from feeling targeted and unsafe because of both students and later teachers to the outgoing and enthusiastic boy that looked forward to going to school that he was before he started at BME. Thank you Roscoe Nix Team! You saved my loving and talented son!

Posted July 12, 2012
My son attended Nix for first grade after we moved from PG County where he attended a Spanish Immersion school that I was very unhappy with. I really like Roscoe Nix and so does my son, who, at first, struggled a bit with making good choices but his teacher was patient and communicated regularly with me regarding his choices. We both worked with him on both fronts and by the second half of the year he made better choices and maturity helped a bit to. The teacher and school does a great job with positive reinforcement by allowing kids to earn small gifts for good behavior. This school is a real gem and can be even better with a strong PTA. The PTA events are both educational and fun!

Posted January 23, 2011
My daughter started at Nix for 1st grade. She came from Burnt Mills ES where she was in the Spanish Immersion program. We were very unhappy with that school and decided to enroll her at Nix, which is our home school. In short, we love it! The administration and teachers are great. The school is extremely active and the staff is very involved. The school has a "private school feel" and I feel fortunate that we have this little gem in our school zone.

Posted July 17, 2010
My daughter has been at RNES since Kindergarten but is now moving on to Cresthaven for 3rd grade. She has absolutely loved every teacher she has had. The principal, Ms. Ffolkes is very friendly and knows all of her students by name. The administration is in my opinion easy to talk to and really care about any concerns you may have. The office staff is efficient, hard working, and pleasant. Teachers differentiate so that students are always challenged. There are fun events thrown by the school or the PTA. Parent involvement in the PTA and other sponsored activities is lacking. I don't know whether that is because parents really don't have the time or just plain apathy. I think this year may be different because many people volunteered for certain positions on the PTA so there may just be more involvement this year 2010-11.

Posted January 14, 2010
My child came from the Private school to enter Rosco Nix for Kindergarden. I have to admit that I was very timid about public school (especially since I am a teacher) but I have been surprisingly happy with her education. She has learned more at Rosco Nix then she did at two years at private school. And she is very happy with her teacxhers and new friends. We are very happy with Mrs. Folks and how much she does for the students and the parents.

Posted July 29, 2009
The school staff is wonderful. The front office staff are very helpful and accommodating

Roscoe R Nix Elementary School
1100 Corliss St, Silver Spring, MD  20903
Last modified Roscoe R Nix Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Roscoe R Nix Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top