4-12|Private

Bad
Good

My son hated his old school. So much so that it was a struggle to even get him to school in the morning. In contrast, he simply loves Siena ! In terms of academics, the school has permitted him to do above grade level work in math - something that was unthinkable at his old school. He is also making significant progress in reading and language arts -subject areas that he used to absolutely hate at his old school. I am puzzled by the comment posted below. All of the teachers I have met at the school are highly dedicated and skilled in teaching.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have attended day-long workshops sponsored by the school on both writing and math and have come away quite impressed.

Amount of homework: Agree

At my son's old school, homework was a battle. At Siena, he knows he is in charge of making sure that he gets his homework done.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have interacted extensively with my son's teachers. They are passionate about having the children reach their academic potential without compromising their integrity.

The academics could be stronger. Teachers vary in quality. Parents are not welcome in the classroom. The art program is great.

After two full academic years at this school (currently beginning our third), I can say without hesitation that sending our child to The Siena School was simply the best decision we have ever made for our son. This school understands kids with language based learning differences and has the keys to unlock a child's potential as a life long learner.

This is the second year that my daughter is in Siena School. She started at the beginning of middle school so I don't know very much about the elementary school program. Siena is a fairly new school and it needs a new facility. But I can't say enough good things about the school's approach to teaching, the dedication of the staff and teachers, and the strength of the curriculum. There is good discipline and a nice feeling of camaraderie among the kids. Not only the 'basic' academics (reading, writing, math, science, and social studies) are excellent but also there is are art and photography instructors who are fantastic. I wish there were a stronger music program.

Last modified The Siena School is a Private school that serves grades 4-12