Silver Spring, MD

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 5

Posted May 11, 2010
Our new Principal is phenomenal! He is extremely strict. He is on top of these kids and has created a very safe environment. Lee has had its rough years but in the 2 years we have been under the leadership of Joe Rubens, I could not be happier! In fact, we were recently honored by the Board of Education for the improvements at the school. As with other Middle Schools in the county our halls are under video watch and students who do not behave, get caught! My son is in almost all Honors or Advanced classes. He has made Honor Roll every marking period and Principal's List once. He is given every opportunity to succeed.

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 0

Posted February 25, 2010
Safety and Discipline? There isn't much. Its so sad that bullying is allowed in the school. The teachers need to be fired or re-trained.

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 0

Posted September 06, 2009
I am a new student to the school. I am coming from a private school, i was worried in the beginning, but everything is great. The kids, and teachers are wonderful. Yes i know that it is only the first week of school. But when i child can already tell it's going to be a good year. Than it is.

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 4

Posted August 30, 2009

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 2

Posted December 26, 2007

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 5

Posted August 07, 2007
i think that e. brooke lee is a good school for your child, if you want your child to go to a fun and creative school... with ideas that help the school in many ways but allow the children to have much fun.

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 4

Posted April 26, 2007
My son came to this school from Piney Branch elem as a special education student for the learning center. He was a 'D' student in 5th grade although he tried very hard. Since he has attended the learning center this year he as made honor roll 2 out of 3 quarters this year. I am very happy that they have the learning center avail for him. The teachers and all involved are doing an excellent job. They realize that our kids are people and not just numbers.

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 1

Posted August 20, 2006
Although I love the principal's no nonsense approach to running the school. I have taken both of my children out of our neighborhood schools. This is an example of where a once great school system has failed to balance equal education for all students county wide. Some staff neglected to respond to numerous e-mails from me throughout the school year. Parents are involved but the economic diversity of the neighborhood has caused serious issues which reflect in the schools cosmetic and academic failures! Here s a school that could use a complete make over and even more staff changes from the bottom up! If you have children in this school I urge you to drop in unannounced and see the chaos for yourself! Then follow up with a letter to the superintendent of schools.

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 1

Posted August 09, 2006
I am not pleased overall; aside from 1 teacher taking the iniative and calling me to report what I deem as a pottential problem all the others said they had too many students and the child had to be responsible. Now considering a incoming sixth grader may have many adjustments; a red flag should go up when an average child falls to well below average. No teacher parent communication until its too late. If you have the option choose another school.

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School 3

Posted May 02, 2005
- a former student

Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School
11800 Monticello Ave, Silver Spring, MD  20902
Last modified Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top