Silver Spring, MD

Posted August 26, 2013
I love East Silver Spring... great community school and very diverse in everyway you can think!

Posted June 14, 2013
I love this school. The entire environment is so warm and comfortable for parents and children alike. Every teacher and administrator seems to know my kids- because they make it a point to. The diversity is a welcome mix. Bullying is not an issue whatsoever and through everyone's differences my children have learned that truly everyone is the same inside. I cannot say enough good things about this school- you don't have to worry for a second that your children won't be happy there, because they definitely will be!

Posted June 14, 2013
This school is wonderful!!! The teachers and staff are the best. They truly care for the students and they know them very well. The teachers and staff go above and beyond. My children never want to leave this school. The diversity also makes the school great. The students are also caring toward one another and I believe they model how they are treated at the school. I highly recommend ESS. The great schools rating should be much higher.

Posted February 05, 2012
We love ESS! Our two children attend--the oldest is in 3rd grade and the youngest is in kindergarten. We love the low student to teacher ratio, and the fact that the school was newly renovated and expanded two years ago. No pods/temporary classrooms due to overcrowding here! Our 3rd grader has had accelerated reading and math since kindergarten, and is now at a 5th grade math level. (This is compared to statewide/nationwide standards, by the way, not due to artificial grade inflation.) We love the diversity of the school! It gives our children an enriching educational experience where they can learn about other cultures and other socio-economic groups first-hand. Plus, the community is welcoming and inclusive.

East Silver Spring Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
My son goes to school here and is in a class of 16 children with two teachers. The amount of individual attention he gets is amazing, and is better than most private schools in the area.

Posted April 16, 2010
Because it supports the learning of all its students by setting high expectations and working to achieve them.

Posted December 06, 2009
ESS is fantastic! It is a Title I school, which means that it gets extra funding. The class sizes are at an average of 13 to 1. The Administration is supportive and nurturing. Our son is in the middle of 1st grade. I can't wait for our youngest to start kindergarten in 2010. We are so lucky to have this school in our backyard. The staff and the specialty teachers are attentive and engaged.

East Silver Spring Elementary School 4

Posted February 07, 2008
ESS is a small primary school in a quiet Downtown Silver Spring neighborhood. Excellent administrators and teachers have taken ESS from an under-performer to a school with steady academic improvement. It is a school on the right track. ESS is scheduled to expand to 5th grade in the next few years.

East Silver Spring Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2006
ESS has a very diverse population and excellent staff. The teachers are dedicated and hard working. Parent involvement could be better. Many of the parents are first generation immigrants from Africa and Latin America. It is difficult to get them to actively engage in school activities. That said, the parents do feel a strong connection to the school and feel it is serving their childrn well.

East Silver Spring Elementary School
631 Silver Spring Ave, Silver Spring, MD  20910
Last modified East Silver Spring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Silver Spring Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top