Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Our child had a run in with a bully at the beginning of his first year. We alerted the staff and they pounced on it. In fact, that one time "bully" is now a close friend of our child's. He feels safe at Jackson Road.

Before sending our first child to Jackson Road, we were skeptical. The ratings, reviews and test scores made Jackson Road look pretty bad on paper. But we decided we had to go see the place for ourselves and we're glad we did. I'm not sure what was happening back in 2014, but Mrs. Macias quite literally greets us and our children with smiles and handshakes when we're there. The teachers are great and very responsive. And the PTA is making a strong comeback. If this is your school, go check it out in person before you ship your child somewhere else (as we almost did). This has been a great experience for us.

Our child goes to Jackson Road Elementary, and we love our experience there. The teachers and staff are caring, and class sizes are small. In our experience, any issues are dealt with directly and in a timely fashion. The PTA is new (formed last year) but active. If you want to give yourself a voice, join the PTA. Mrs. Macias has been nothing but nice, and was integral in getting the PTA started again. Go Jackson Road!!

I attended this school and initially was very happy that my children would be attending also. Well this is their third year at Jackson road and I'm so disappointed. The principal Mrs Macias is a horrible. She bullies the staff and children. I don't know how she is still the principal. It is my understanding that plenty of parents have complained and reported her but still she remains. I'm currently trying to get my children into another school do that they do not have to continue to experience this horrible situation they call Jackson road. Some of the teachers are great at what they do however they seem to have their hands tied when it comes to going above and beyond for these children. Several teachers have left.

We've had some great teachers. Many have left. Principal is lacking. Parents & PTA are seen as obstacles to overcome. Bullying comes from the top.

The teachers are talented and committed but the principal is bringing the school down. She BULLIES the staff and students and makes the environment very toxic. She doesn't know instruction and forces teachers to do things that are developmentally INAPPROPRIATE. There is a very high turnover rate which is never good for a school and she has an OBVIOUS DISDAIN for the special education population, students and teachers alike. It amazes me that she still holds this position.

The faculty staff is caring and nurturing. Many talented, eager teachers who need a strong yet open leader. The principal (2008-10) does not seem interested in input from parents, students, community, etc. Teachers sometimes seem to have their hands tied when they try to innovate. The tiny PTA is drowned in words not action by the principal, but does not get support. Test scores are middling. Very frustrating. Lots of excuses about what CAN'T be done. It wouldn't be this way in Potomac, that's for sure. .. But children are happy and healthy there, nonetheless.

The principal is fantastic, I've had my kids enrolled in other states, where the principals didn't really care, but Mrs Macias is fantastic, I love her.

We send our daughter here and are very pleased with the teachers and the involvement of the parents. Extremely pleased.

I am a former JRES student and I am now attending White Oak Middle School.JRES is a awsome school teachers are very nice and love their students some teachers are just very mean but the overall school disipline is great i just graduated from Jres in 2008 and i loved it the teachers took extra time to make this very nice graduation!

Last modified Jackson Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.