Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

Jackson Road is a very diverse school, with families coming from many different backgrounds and experiences - making this a great school to help children become truly global citizens. The assistant principal and counselor are dedicated, caring professionals who work diligently to make Jackson Road a safe and positive learning community. The small class size allows for individualized attention and much care is given to selecting teachers who can meet each child where s/he is. While family involvement is limited at this point compared to many area schools, there is a group of committed parents of young children who have re-established a PTA and are working to create opportunities for parent participation, which will undoubtedly lead to a richer and more vibrant community. All in all, JRES is much better than it's given credit for and is definitely worth considering as an educational option for your child.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My son encountered bullying, which almost caused us to pull him from the school. However, when reported,the school's response was appropriate and effective. He stayed and ended up learning and growing a lot from the experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are truly caring and Treat parents as partners.

My daughter attended JRES through her elementary school years and my son is a current 4th grader. They both love JRES. The teachers are, overall, FANTASTIC! The class sizes are smaller than at other nearby schools and the extra resources (because it's a title 1 school) are wonderful. I'm so happy that this is our neighborhood school.

Sending your first child to school is always emotional - then you look at ratings, scores and some of these older reviews and you get really nervous. Here's what I can tell you - Jackson Road ES is a fantastic school. Class sizes are small, teachers are enthusiastic and wonderful. The school building is newly expanded and renovated. I'm amazed at how many of the teachers know the names of children that aren't even in their classes and greet them warmly by name. I love that my daughter loves her school - she feels safe, supported and is excited to learn every day. Don't let the fact that Jackson Road is a Title I school scare you in any way - enjoy the benefits of small class sizes, additional staff and resources, free breakfast for all students and more.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Our child had a run in with a bully at the beginning of his first year. We alerted the staff and they pounced on it. In fact, that one time "bully" is now a close friend of our child's. He feels safe at Jackson Road.

Before sending our first child to Jackson Road, we were skeptical. The ratings, reviews and test scores made Jackson Road look pretty bad on paper. But we decided we had to go see the place for ourselves and we're glad we did. I'm not sure what was happening back in 2014, but Mrs. Macias quite literally greets us and our children with smiles and handshakes when we're there. The teachers are great and very responsive. And the PTA is making a strong comeback. If this is your school, go check it out in person before you ship your child somewhere else (as we almost did). This has been a great experience for us.

Our child goes to Jackson Road Elementary, and we love our experience there. The teachers and staff are caring, and class sizes are small. In our experience, any issues are dealt with directly and in a timely fashion. The PTA is new (formed last year) but active. If you want to give yourself a voice, join the PTA. Mrs. Macias has been nothing but nice, and was integral in getting the PTA started again. Go Jackson Road!!

I attended this school and initially was very happy that my children would be attending also. Well this is their third year at Jackson road and I'm so disappointed. The principal Mrs Macias is a horrible. She bullies the staff and children. I don't know how she is still the principal. It is my understanding that plenty of parents have complained and reported her but still she remains. I'm currently trying to get my children into another school do that they do not have to continue to experience this horrible situation they call Jackson road. Some of the teachers are great at what they do however they seem to have their hands tied when it comes to going above and beyond for these children. Several teachers have left.

We've had some great teachers. Many have left. Principal is lacking. Parents & PTA are seen as obstacles to overcome. Bullying comes from the top.

Last modified Jackson Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.