Posted May 02, 2014
Montgomery Blair High School is outstanding. Highly experienced teaching staff, great principal, wide range of challenging course work.

Posted April 04, 2014
I am a current senior at MBHS and my experience at Blair is an unforgettable one! Blair is so diverse and you meet different people everyday. There are so many opportunities at Blair you just need to take advantage of it. Teachers are really good too, they always give u chances for help and you can come in if you don't understand something. Also, college planning help is really good as well, we have a career center, counselors, etc. Blair is a safe school and there is never a dull moment. We have days were people blast music and dance, we have kids to play guitar, sing, rap and people who Just chill in the library. BLAIR= DIVERSITY

Posted August 09, 2013
My experience in the Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science Magnet Program was incredibly instrumental to my growth as a student and as a person. The teachers there inspired me to learn for the sake of learning - to be curious and ask questions. My math/science teachers from within the program and my AP teachers from outside the program were equally important in my education to be a student that thinks critically and communicates effectively.

Montgomery Blair High School 4

Posted June 25, 2013
Montgomery Blair HS is one of the largest high schools in Montgomery Co. and it earned the reputation of being one of the best. It is known for the diversity of the student body and teachers. Many kids on my street attend this school, and their parents are quite pleased with their progress. The only possible negative I have to say is that many of the kids take public transportation to school, so they appear to "roam" the surrounding area after school hours and loitering results. The school is frequently mentioned as a winner in various contests and competitions, but perhaps a wider variety is needed to engage more of the students in extra-curricular activities...

Posted February 02, 2013
Great school, finished my freshman year and Q1 of sophomore year, sadly i had to move. Blair means a lot to me, the teachers are so interactive with the students, there is a variety of clubs and people might say it is challenging but nothing comes easy. Even after adapting to a new high school i still feel like a Blazer. If you are someone transferring to Blair i can assure you, you will be welcomed. The whole school gives out a sense of family, once you go through those doors you are officially a Blazer. Go Blazers!

Posted January 28, 2012
My two sons go to Blair and they adore it! This school is so extraordinary in so many ways. My sons are getting a wonderful and rigorous education with the wide rage of honors and AP courses offered at Blair. Their bell schedule is only 4 classes a day with longer period classes, so students can get a better chance of understanding what they learned. This school has been tremendously improving over the years, and it is one of the best schools in the county now. This school in addition, requires all students to pick a program to be in for their future career which is very beneficial. The student body is also extremely diverse and mostly friendly. The parents are active in the school community along with superb teachers that really care about the students. My sons enjoy Blair and appreciate the quality education they are receiving. Overall, I am pleased with the education my children are getting and highly recommend the school.

Posted February 27, 2011
All I can say is that this school is great. i transferred from S.C and they teach Japenese!!!!

Montgomery Blair High School 2

Posted December 28, 2010
My child is in the coveted Communication Arts Program, and yes, he is getting a rigorous education (meaning rigid and and intense). But what a competitive unpleasant place to be. I hear parents say they want their kids to get used to the real world. What real world is this? The real world I live in is full of pleasant people. The better I cooperate with my colleagues the better I do at work, and everyone in my world has learned that sleep, exercise, relationships and meaningful work is what makes a good life. Blair neither teachers nor encourages any of these real life skills. If your child will be fine anywhere (you know what I mean-- they make friends easily, are generally good students, like to join things and don't mind intense competition) they will like Blair. My child is thriving academically in the CAP program but has no sense of community. It's a really big school, but oddly there doesn't seem to be room for everyone; I know many kids who hated it so much they dropped out. The prior reviewer said that Blair was a lot like college. I guess for kids who are ready for college in 9th grade it's great.

Montgomery Blair High School 0

Posted February 08, 2010
This school is awesome, and I recommend it wholeheartedly as a recent alumni. The best part of the school is that it is sooo huge, since, you are bound to find some group to fit into. Everyone gets along very well, and the teachers are some of the best in the county. The Academy programs are great, as are the CAP and Magnet programs. It makes Blair more attractive to some of the best teachers out there, which at least on my part made my experience in high school excellent and prepared me for college. In fact, college doesnt seem too different from life at Blair, just bigger classes. Take advantage of the expertise of your teachers, and get them to help you get internships, which have really helped me in college, and in my career. The teachers have lots of connections, be nice to them!

Montgomery Blair High School 0

Posted October 30, 2009
Way too large. It's the size of a community college - who wants that for their high school kid? On the plus side is the magnet program, which is great.

Montgomery Blair High School
51 University Blvd East, Silver Spring, MD  20901
Last modified Montgomery Blair High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montgomery Blair High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.