Silver Spring, MD

Posted June 12, 2012
This school is Silver Spring's best kept secret where children of every background and every ability flourish and reach full potential. Mrs. Collins is a very effective principal -- tough but very fair. She says what she means and means what she says. She sets the bar high for students and teachers and makes sure everyone is doing a great job. Congrats on your promotion and good luck in your future endeavors!

Montgomery Knolls Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2012
Good teachers. Too bad the principal is so unpleasant and dishonest. I think she cares more for her lip gloss, clothing, and fancy car than the children. Her staff actually use the word "evil" to describe her. Ouch! Once she's gone, this school should have a chance to truly be great.

Posted June 05, 2012
Several of our children have attended this school, and we've been consistently impressed with the quality and dedication of the staff and teachers. Renovations were completed for 2011-12, and the new expanded facilities are very nice (new gym, more classrooms, new playground). Parents and PTA are very involved, and the administration has been open to new ideas and supportive. Student body is diverse, with a great mix of families from all over, making the annual "International Night" lots of fun. MKES runs K through 2nd grade, after which students move to nearby Pine Crest Elementary for 3rd through 5th. The school website is helpful for getting to know teachers and staff if you're new to the school. There will be a new principal for school year 2012-13, who I'm sure will continue to make MKES a great school.

Posted June 21, 2010
Our son just finished Kindergarten and we were very pleased with the school. His classroom teacher was excellent, so were the PE, Art and music teachers. The end of year musical concert was simply phenomenal. I strongly recommend this school to all.

Posted November 18, 2009
Nice lower elementary school with small class sizes, good academics and great PEP programme. I feel lucky that my son has been provided with lots of opportunity to experience classical and world music with field trips to Strathmore Hall as well as Grammy winning artists coming to the school and presenting all kinds of interesting instruments.

Montgomery Knolls Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2009
My son is in first grade at Mongtomery Knolls. Its a great school that strives to tailor the education to the individual needs of the students. It is a very diverse student body, and the administration and teachers are great at communicating with the parents and keeping them involved. The principal is great at tapping all resources available to her school.

Montgomery Knolls Elementary School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
My daughter is a kindergardener and we have been very pleased. She loves her teacher - who is truly dedicated and wonderful with the kids. While I would like the kids to have a bit more 'free time' - perhaps a longer recess, academically, I have been very impressed. Our daughter has excelled and learned an incredible amount academically and socially. The principal and vice principal are very responsive.

Posted March 10, 2008
I love the school. My son attends the Pre-K program and the teacher is truly remarkable. They work with children 1 on 1 if needed and contantly stay in touch with parents despite busy their busy work day. I am truly excited to have him be apart of such a wonderful school, and the in house before and after care is also GREAT!

Montgomery Knolls Elementary School 0

Posted January 05, 2008
I have been very pleased with the quality of the administration, teachers and support staff. My daughters look forward to attending school and I always feel welcomed as a parent.

Montgomery Knolls Elementary School
807 Daleview Dr, Silver Spring, MD  20901
Last modified Montgomery Knolls Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Montgomery Knolls Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top