Silver Spring, MD

Oak View Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2013
My daughter has attended Oak View for the last three years and we've had a great experience with the teachers and staff, but I have been a little disappointed to notice that student performance does seem to suffer some due to the significant number of children who speak English as a second language. On the other hand, the multi-ethnic mix at the school has been its own unique learning experience, and I know my daughter has benefited from being friends with kids from different backgrounds. In general, faculty and staff at the school are wonderful and know all the kids by name. Mrs. Salazar, the principal, is very hands-on, and it's obvious she enjoys the kids and they like her in return. The student body at Oak View is relatively small but class sizes are still large. My daughter's classes have consistently had around 25 kids each year, and I think the large classes make it hard to challenge the kids who are advanced. This year my daughter is in the GT program, and it has by far been her best year at Oak View. If the GT program is an option, I highly recommend it.

Oak View Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Both of my daughters attended the school and did very well there.

Oak View Elementary School 5

Posted November 21, 2007

Oak View Elementary School
400 East Wayne Ave, Silver Spring, MD  20901
Last modified Oak View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top