Silver Spring, MD

Posted April 03, 2014
My child has been in 3 different schools over the years, and Stonegate has by far been the best amazing experience for him. The principal is truly remarkable and cares so much about student and parent needs. She even personally called me during the school day once to say he earned a shark award for a personal accomplishment! The various team of teachers that work with my child from class teacher to specialists to special ed support know his strengths and needs to a tee. He has had the most success and positive experience at this school. After having experienced schools in other areas, I must say the professionalism, communication, environment and services here are top notch!

Stonegate Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
The school is not responsive to the needs of students with learning issues. Staff is pleasant, but the quality of the education at this school is fair, especially for students who need interventions and special education services.

Posted January 02, 2014
Stonegate Elementary is a terrific elementary school. The principal and teachers really care about the students. MCPS teachers have been asked a lot with the implementation of Curriculum 2.0. Despite the changes, I still feel that my kids have gotten a great foundation to take to middle and high school. The Music and Art Programs are the best I have encountered.

Posted December 24, 2013
I don't know what to say, I just love my daughter's school. The curriculum & teachers are outstanding.

Posted December 24, 2013
I'm consistently impressed with the teaching staff at Stonegate. The classes are engaged & interesting.

Posted September 17, 2013
Stonegate Elementary is an excellent school. We have lived all over the country and this is by far the best school we have come across. The learning standards are high, the teachers and staff are very professional yet very nice, and there is an environment that fosters high self esteem, a passion for learning, and creative thinking. My first grader comes home passionately talking about the art of Henry Matisse, or singing songs from music class, or teaching his siblings games he learned in PE. He is excited to go to school every day. I would rate it as exceptional in all areas. This school is very well-rounded.

Stonegate Elementary School 3

Posted June 07, 2013
I went to this school my 4th and 5th grade year , graduated in 2008 , it's an okay school very average nothing special, but the field trips were very great

Posted February 22, 2012
excellent!!! My girl just love that school and she got more interested in reading. My daughter is very involve in the school!!!

Posted August 10, 2009
Parent involvement has exceeded my expectation at this school. I've spoken to other parents at other schools and it seems that the parents at Stonegate are very involved. From the room parents to the PTA. The principal and assistant principal are great leaders. As with all schools, some of the teachers are clearly more dedicated than others. The PTA activities are great, but there could be more before and/or after school activities.

Stonegate Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2008

Stonegate Elementary School
14811 Notley Rd, Silver Spring, MD  20905
Last modified Stonegate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stonegate Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top