Bad
Good

I am proud to say that both of my sons have attended Strathmore. They were well prepared for middle school and made the transition with ease. The teachers really care about the students and only have their best interests at heart. There has been excellent leadership. Principal very approachable and knows the students. I would recommend parents to send their children there. Caring professional staff who have a love for kids.

My son attended this school from grade 3 to 5. He now attends Parkland as a 6th grader. The teachers prepared him for the rigorous curriculum at Parkland and I am more than pleased. When we first became a family at this school there was a lot of focus on behavior. The principal saw a problem, addressed it and it was resolved. The principal is Great. She is involved with her students and knows them as individuals. She is very approachable. She gives advice as if your child was hers. There are some resources that could be added to the school to help improve test scores. My daughter is now attending in the 2013-14 school year with lot's of bulldog pride! Lots of friends, diversity, collaboration. The new curriculum for the 3rd graders is also being implemented and so far looks great. The staff are strict but caring and prepare students for their academic future. No costumes on Halloween coming up is a bummer. For their lack of creativity I take away a star. I hope more involved parents continue to participate and eliminate for good the behavior concerns in this area of the county. (it seems to be getting better) Hope this helps for new or prospective parents.

I feel this is a struggling school. The transition from Bel Pre Elementary (k-2) to Strathmore Elementary (3-5) was tough. Unlike another reviewer below, I did not find the school to be welcoming at all. Test scores are low, and there a quite a few behavioral issues with students. This causes a lot of disruption in the classroom and takes away learning time from other students. The principal is mediocre, but in school year 2012 - 2013, the gem on the staff is the principal intern, hopefully he will continue to be part of the staff in the future. This school needs many more resources in place to help deal with the behavioral issues as well as low test scores. It also needs more focus on higher level students who are not being challenged at a proper level.

I am so pleased with this school! It is our second year, and I have found everyone to be welcoming, friendly, and professional. I am an educator myself, and I previously had my children in a private school. I am now kicking myself that I ever paid tuition, since this school is so much better in every way. Parent involvement is welcome, and all my concerns have been taken seriously and addressed. No school is perfect, but the team spirit and caring teachers and leaders make Strathmore a good place for children to learn.

My son has been a student at Strathmore since 3rd grade he is now a 5th grader. I do not see any problems. Students are nice. Staff is great. I have volunteer numerous times. I like the scholl and it rally has helped my son.

I am the parent of a fifth-grader. While the new principal has instituted many great new policies regarding discipline, unfortunately the administration and teachers continue to fall woefully short of harboring a successful school environment. There is not much follow-through when parents report bullying, threats, altercations, etc. In fact, the teachers and staff seem to be utterly unaware of the chaotic environment right under their noses. How can a child possibly be academically challenged when their sole concern each day is who's going to do/say something to threaten their safety? Strathmore has in the past, and continues now, to fail their students. It is the children who suffer the ignorance and unwillingness to act that the adults 'in charge' continue to display. With such an unfortunate example, it is no surprise that the students have no desire to rise above their negative environment. Thankfully, June's only 4 months away!

Last modified Strathmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.