Silver Spring, MD

Posted November 25, 2013
It is a great school my son is in Kindergarten and he is enjoying it.

Posted October 21, 2013
This school has the most nuturing environment. I feel safe sending my child there. She has shown tremendous growth. The special education team works hard with my child and I am pleased with the results.

Posted October 11, 2013
Since Viers Mill is a Title One school, there are many benefits including class sizes of around 15 students and teachers with masters degrees. There are also a ton of free events for family and student involvement. The school has just been renovated and has a two new playgrounds and a new ball field. We love how family oriented the school and think it is a true gem.

Posted October 10, 2013
I was very much on the fence about Viers Mill before my son was ready for Kindergarden. I am so impressed by the teachers dedication to the students & their willingness to go over & beyond. I love how they work together as a team as well as always being available to parents. The leadership is amazing as well & you can tell they really care about the students & having them do their best.

Posted October 10, 2013
Viers Mill is a wonderful, unique school that is really educating its students well! The staff are engaged and supportive, and work collaboratively to teach. You will often find 2 or 3 teachers in one classroom working with students.

Posted October 10, 2013
My family recently moved into an area which feeds into Viers Mill Elementary. I had already done my own research and took note right away of the GREAT SCHOOLS rating of "9" for this particular school. As a parent, there's always some level of anxiety when your kids are transitioning to a new school. We are almost 2 months into the school year and I must say that I am very much impressed! So far, I am having great communication with my son's teacher and I feel the Principal has great interpersonal skills. The door is always open to parents and my son LOVES going to school. So far everyone is very supportive and invested in ensuring the success of all the students.

Posted October 10, 2013
I love Viers Mill! My daughter has had a great experience with caring teachers who really get the kids exciting about learning. I couldn't be happier.

Posted October 06, 2013
Viers Mill is an excellent school. The teachers go above and beyond for the students, and the administration gives them the support they need to do so.

Posted August 22, 2013
Is the best. Excellant teachers. Ive moved about 11 miles north to Montgomery Village md and I still take my daughter to VMES. Love IT

Posted October 20, 2009
My daughter is in kindergarten and I'm just impressed with the quality of teachers and staff at Viers Mill. This is not just another public school, this school is outstanding, their work to engage the parents is fantastic, here doesn't matter where you are coming from ...your child will be successful and will get as good grades as those kids in opulent schools. At Viers Mill, excellent education is possible regardless how much is annual income.

Viers Mill Elementary School
11711 Joseph Mill Rd, Silver Spring, MD  20906
Last modified Viers Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Viers Mill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top