Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They focus more on getting along with the students than on instilling a good work ethic, and on emphasizing quality work.

I am not too impressed with this school. The last two teachers that our child had here did not even give the students spelling tests, nor did they correct any spelling errors on the child's work. The teachers seem to get along well with the students, but they are leaving out vital lessons in their curriculums. The school apparently also only makes the children have PE classes ONCE a week, instead of each day like other schools have done. This has disastrous consequences on the physical health of the students, many of whom do not have a healthy body weight. This school has a lot of room to improve.

The whole staff is extremely supportive. Student learning and character building are top priorities. My children love school and have tested above grade level in academics.

It is a great school my son is in Kindergarten and he is enjoying it.

This school has the most nuturing environment. I feel safe sending my child there. She has shown tremendous growth. The special education team works hard with my child and I am pleased with the results.

Since Viers Mill is a Title One school, there are many benefits including class sizes of around 15 students and teachers with masters degrees. There are also a ton of free events for family and student involvement. The school has just been renovated and has a two new playgrounds and a new ball field. We love how family oriented the school and think it is a true gem.

I was very much on the fence about Viers Mill before my son was ready for Kindergarden. I am so impressed by the teachers dedication to the students & their willingness to go over & beyond. I love how they work together as a team as well as always being available to parents. The leadership is amazing as well & you can tell they really care about the students & having them do their best.

Viers Mill is a wonderful, unique school that is really educating its students well! The staff are engaged and supportive, and work collaboratively to teach. You will often find 2 or 3 teachers in one classroom working with students.

My family recently moved into an area which feeds into Viers Mill Elementary. I had already done my own research and took note right away of the GREAT SCHOOLS rating of "9" for this particular school. As a parent, there's always some level of anxiety when your kids are transitioning to a new school. We are almost 2 months into the school year and I must say that I am very much impressed! So far, I am having great communication with my son's teacher and I feel the Principal has great interpersonal skills. The door is always open to parents and my son LOVES going to school. So far everyone is very supportive and invested in ensuring the success of all the students.

I love Viers Mill! My daughter has had a great experience with caring teachers who really get the kids exciting about learning. I couldn't be happier.

Last modified Viers Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.