Posted October 21, 2014
Weller Road Elementray is a wonderful school. I have had 3 of my children go to this school. The teachers are amazing and always have the children's best interest at heart. Even the crossing guards are great. We have been to many school functions and the school is evolving into a great neighborhood school. Which means the neighborhood is getting stronger and creating relationships for both the children and parents.

Weller Road Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2014
The school building was brand new for the 2013-14 school year - wonderful facilities, and a safe school. The principal and staff are helpful, effective, and responsive. The test scores for this school have to be taken with a grain of salt - in most of the households in this neighborhood, english is a second language. There's a strong community outreach, though, and parent participation the likes of which you probably can't find anywhere else. The school regularly hosts activities and seminars for parents to encourage learning outside the classroom - always very well attended. You can certainly find some unevenness in the quality of the faculty, but overall, we've been pleased. Students are often grouped according to ability for a portion of the school week, so the teachers aren't always teaching to the struggling students. This school (as all MoCo schools) uses Curriculum 2.0. We think this approach to teaching and evaluation has it's flaws - and we'd rather see a more traditional approach applied in the early years - but the emphasis on reading and math is still central, and the teachers are dedicated to making it work.

Posted February 08, 2014
They always put students first and are all extremely committed! Learning is clearly their number one priority.

Posted August 23, 2013
For my overall experience, I'll have to say Weller Road E.S. is a school you would want to send your children to. I have two boys that are attending and they love going to school whenever I would have a problem of any matter that would be affecting there concentration I would call the office and they would help me out with what my concerns and what action would be taken in . When we moved and we told our sons that they would no longer be attending Weller road they felt out of place sad and depress at the new school towards also the whole waitmg period until we decide that they had to be return to where they felt like home secure and safe and full of joy and happiness ! Now my third son is excited bc he might attend next school year . Also they have workshops for parents which is good and if you don't know English which helps us as a parent understand our kids and help them with their homework assignment which is what any parent would want. "Congrats Weller road for an outstanding school an a new school for any parent to send there child/ children too!!!!! No complaints about the staff or anyone else !!!!! :)

Weller Road Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2012
The administration is abusive to staff, which makes for an extremely high staff turnover rate. Few teachers are there longer than the required 2 years, and several quit mid-year. It is unfortunate because the kids are great...

Posted July 12, 2012
Horrible school! My daughter went here for Kindergarten last year, and hated school. The teachers seem fine, but overall, there is a very stressful feeling at this school, and it seems that they only care about reading levels. My daughter reads at a very age-appropriate level, and she used to love reading, but she came home sometimes, crying about not being able to read better. Now she doesn't even want to read! So sad that Kindergarteners are not enjoying learning. Will it be a downward slope from here on for these poor children?

Posted March 26, 2012
yes, teachers are great but the administration is very negative and critical. They complained about my dressing and told other people in the office, a parent told me... what a terrible place. Stay away!

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted June 15, 2008

Posted February 18, 2005
Just moving here from New York, I was anxious about my daughter adjusting to her new first grade class. Well, I have to say, she and I are glad she is attending Weller! She has advanced so much since attending and is now (still in 1st) reading above grade level, on the cheerleading team and about to take part in the drama club! The principal is kind, concerned and very approachable! The teachers are easy to talk to and respond to your concerns via letters, phone calls and/or conferences! The children, I feel recieve quality education and have a variety of activities to engage in- the Math Olympics being one of my daughter's favorites! Keep up the good work Weller!

Weller Road Elementary School
3301 Weller Rd, Silver Spring, MD  20814
(301) 929-2010
Last modified Weller Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weller Road Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top