Bad
Good

My son goes to the Wheaton Engineering Magnet and he could not be happier. The teachers are great at the school. They are energetic and engaging with the kids. We live in Olney but because my son went to Lee Middle in the DCC he was able to apply to the Magnet. I moved to Olney for the schools and now I drive my son to and from Wheaton every day. It's worth it for the academics and school over all. Looking forward to the new school, opening this winter.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Best teachers in all of MCPS, in the entire school, not just the magnet. My son had direct communication with his teachers, even in the evenings and they are always available to help him.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Wheaton is an inclusive school where everyone feels a part of the school in some way or another.

Wheaton high school definitely does not live up to the horrible reputation that other schools claim that it has. I am a graduating senior of Wheaton High and I can tell you right now that going to Wheaton High was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It's a GREAT school with some of the BEST academies that the county has. Principal Lowndes has transformed the school in a very positive way. The GPAs at the school as well as honor roll rate has increased alot while he's been at Wheaton, and I couldn't be any happier to call myself a Wheaton Knight. Don't believe the hype and come see for yourself is NOT anything it 'claims' to be.

We almost moved our student from Wheaton High School to another local high where we thought grades and diversity would be a little bit more equal. Things did not work to our advantage so we decided to attend Wheaton High even though we had other schools in the consortium to pick from. We are so happy we did, our student is one grade shy of straight A's with the majority of classes being AP or GT courses. Plus our student is in extra activities that require at least 1 hours of extra time plus this student has other sports in the evening. Our student truly loves being at the school and is really enjoying the first year. We couldn t be happier and feel that Mr. Lownes and staff are doing a remarkable job!

Last modified Wheaton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.