Silver Spring, MD
Students enrolled: 1,235

Wheaton High School 1

Posted May 05, 2010

Posted March 10, 2010
Wheaton high school definitely does not live up to the horrible reputation that other schools claim that it has. I am a graduating senior of Wheaton High and I can tell you right now that going to Wheaton High was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It's a GREAT school with some of the BEST academies that the county has. Principal Lowndes has transformed the school in a very positive way. The GPAs at the school as well as honor roll rate has increased alot while he's been at Wheaton, and I couldn't be any happier to call myself a Wheaton Knight. Don't believe the hype and come see for yourself is NOT anything it 'claims' to be.

Posted August 05, 2009

Posted July 30, 2009

Posted December 15, 2006
We almost moved our student from Wheaton High School to another local high where we thought grades and diversity would be a little bit more equal. Things did not work to our advantage so we decided to attend Wheaton High even though we had other schools in the consortium to pick from. We are so happy we did, our student is one grade shy of straight A's with the majority of classes being AP or GT courses. Plus our student is in extra activities that require at least 1 hours of extra time plus this student has other sports in the evening. Our student truly loves being at the school and is really enjoying the first year. We couldn t be happier and feel that Mr. Lownes and staff are doing a remarkable job!

Posted March 21, 2006
- a former student
Excellent school! I graduated back in '04 and have never regreted my high school experience. This school has an unfortunate stereotype of being 'bad,' but, in fact, my class graduated with a total of $3,000,000 in scholarship! The school DOES have unambitious students and a weak PTSA, but there are also students who were accepted to top notch, ivy league colleges. Wheaton HS has every type. If you want your child to live in a glass cage environment, don't bring him/her to this school. If you want your child to experience a strong dose of what kind of people he/she might face in the real world, Wheaton is perfect for him/her. The faculty are very helpful, passionate, and know how to teach. Facilities have been renovated and the school expanded in 2001. Over 15 AP classes are offered. Wheaton's a good school.

Posted February 11, 2005
- a former student
Graduate Here! This was an awesome high school to attend. The diversity at the school gives each student a great perspective on any idea. The staff is also very caring and concerned with seeing their students succeed. The only aspect I found that was somewhat negative was the preparation for certain subject matters for college. I have struggled just a little more than other students in writing and math, but I have managed to pull through with a little more extensive studying. Other than that, a great school for an 'all around' experience.

Posted January 04, 2005
This is my second time around with Wheaton.My child is in honors and AP classes.Love the diversity of students, caring of the teachers.Total school spirit with the sports eventhough we dont have the income as the OTHER schools in upper county have.No problems, no worries.

Posted October 26, 2004
- a former student
Best school ever. The diversity is great and the teachers are magnificent. The best school I ever went to. Much better than Gaithersburg High School. There arent any snoby, uptight people and the administration actually cares about its student where as in Gaithersburg they care more about there old school than the well being of its students.

Posted August 19, 2003

Wheaton High School
12601 Dalewood Dr, Silver Spring, MD  20906
(301) 929-2050
Last modified Wheaton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wheaton High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top