Posted January 02, 2014
I love the dedication of the teachers and the staff. The many of the children read above grade level and the emphasis on math and science education is working on raising the performance levels in those areas as well. Page has a dynamic and innovative young Principal who is trying new learning approaches thru academic partnerships that are yielding surprising results quickly. My child attended a private school and I am happy to say she is more focused and gets more one on one attention at the public school. The PTA is supportive of the teachers and the students and makes things happen.

Posted June 27, 2011
I have been thoroughly impressed by the education my kids are receiving here. The teachers, staff and administration have been caring, supportive and helpful. They push kids to achieve their best whether they are on grade-level, above or below. My biggest challenge before coming to this school was always keeping my kids from getting bored - no fear of that here.

Posted February 06, 2011
Great teachers, many have become board certified. My kids' teachers have gone above and beyond! Excellent, caring counselor. My two GT kids are getting a great education there. Stay involved in your kid's education, and you can't go wrong anywhere with Montgomery County Public Schools, regardless of where you live in the county.

William Tyler Page Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2010
I disagree with the parent who said the school was 'horrible' but I also disagree with the 5/5 rating and the 'excellent' test scores. Scoring 'at or above' proficient level just means 90% of the students are C or better. C is not exactly impressive. Its not a horrible school considering the area, but if you really want your child to get the best education possible - you won't find it here. Frankly, you'd probably have to move into Potomac or into McLean Virginia. The quality is decent if you keep your expectations low. If all you want is for your kids to go from elementary, to middle, to high school - learning the bare minimum and having fun - and go to a community or local college (if that), you're pretty much set here. If you want more for your kid...go elsewhere

Posted March 13, 2010
Parent reviews on the Great Schools site can be helpful, but one disgruntled parent can distort the view of this amazing school nestled in a great community. I am a parent of two students (one left at Page), and I have an eight year history here. I can go on and on about my kids and their great experience in this school. But if you really want to find out about Page, do these three things and you will find out (on your own) that Page ES speaks for itself: 1) Go to mdreportcard.org and see a snapshot of the test scores. 2) Talk to parents in the community. We are a strong community with hands-on involvement in the school. You can find involved parents at mccpta.org. 3) Go visit the school! Finally, talk to staff and administration if you are frustrated. They want your child to be happy and succeed!

Posted March 12, 2010
I regret to see that one parent found the school unacceptable to their daughter. It is actually quite surprising. What this shows is that each parent and child is different and has varying expectations. My husband and I recently relocated to Chicago after our sons spent kindergarten thru 3rd grade at page Elementary. I must say that we found the academics to actually be above average - and the school has the test scores to prove it. It boasts scores in the 94th percentile in math and enjoys high scores in the 90s in reading as well. This school is highly competitive I would assume even with some of the best private schools nearby, academically. We believe Page Elem is a great school, though not without its challenges. What school is perfect? The principal is fantastic! She's caring, responsive and has worked hard to achieve the high test scores.

William Tyler Page Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2010
Horrible school. I'm shocked parents are rating it so high. The education is wildly subpar; the teachers have too many students to focus on and the teaching aids are barely any help. The students don't get the needed help in areas where they need to advance. The math schooling is behind and the English/Verbal classes are mediocre at best. Not to mention, the students themselves are unruly. Horrible studying/school enviroment. I transferred my daughter to a private school in Howard County.

Posted August 26, 2008
What an absolutely fantastic school for any child to attend!! Everyone at Page has a love and care for the children and their learning experience... you couldn't ask for a better place for them to be. There is an attention to every child's needs, whether that be academic, emotional, or social and it runs from the Principal on down through every level, the fantastic teachers, parent educators and ancillary staff. They really care about every one of the people associated with the school. The Principal, Deb Berner really cares about the children at Page. Moreover, there is an excellent push for children to understand the importance of all people, from those with the same ideas and appearance to those who are marching to the beat of a different drummer. This is the place where we wish we had gone to school when we were children! We hope you enjoy

Posted August 23, 2007

Posted December 02, 2005
This is my child's second year at Page and I have been very pleased with his experience thus far. The teachers are energetic and committed to helping each child learn and do well academically. The new principal seems to be well regarded by teachers and clearly desires to be active and present to students, staff and parents. I am quite involved with the PTA and my impression is of a community that is invested in seeing all children succeed. Because of federal mandates, there is a heavy emphasis on academic basics so there is less time for music, art and sports but the children are exposed to these every week and numerous after school activities exist as well.

William Tyler Page Elementary School
13400 Tamarack Rd, Silver Spring, MD  20904
Last modified William Tyler Page Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Tyler Page Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top