Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are skillful in providing a structured, fun, respectful environment. They are caring, organized and model good character.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying isn't tolerated and is handled with compassion and respect all around if it starts to creep up.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I understand they have very good GT/ LD programs and staff though our son hasn't needed them to date.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Staff model and speak to children in positive ways with expectations of respecting self and others.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Challenging but manageable homework that my son is proud of completing.

We looked at several private schools and could not see a quality difference so chose our local public school. We are very pleased with the small class size, skilled, caring teachers and administrative leaders. Excellent communication with parents and between staff. Our son's academics are progressing very well in a structured, but fun way. Good technology, new playgrounds, well-kept fields. Weekly music, art, instrument lessons, sports, clubs. Very involved parent community. Clean and pleasant atmosphere. Students and staff generally look like they're enjoying themselves. Again we are very pleased and love the quick commute and local classmates/ friends. We love the diversity rather than the more sheltered, sometimes "country club" private school environment. We see Page preparing our son well academically and for life in general.

I love the dedication of the teachers and the staff. The many of the children read above grade level and the emphasis on math and science education is working on raising the performance levels in those areas as well. Page has a dynamic and innovative young Principal who is trying new learning approaches thru academic partnerships that are yielding surprising results quickly. My child attended a private school and I am happy to say she is more focused and gets more one on one attention at the public school. The PTA is supportive of the teachers and the students and makes things happen.

I have been thoroughly impressed by the education my kids are receiving here. The teachers, staff and administration have been caring, supportive and helpful. They push kids to achieve their best whether they are on grade-level, above or below. My biggest challenge before coming to this school was always keeping my kids from getting bored - no fear of that here.

Great teachers, many have become board certified. My kids' teachers have gone above and beyond! Excellent, caring counselor. My two GT kids are getting a great education there. Stay involved in your kid's education, and you can't go wrong anywhere with Montgomery County Public Schools, regardless of where you live in the county.

I disagree with the parent who said the school was 'horrible' but I also disagree with the 5/5 rating and the 'excellent' test scores. Scoring 'at or above' proficient level just means 90% of the students are C or better. C is not exactly impressive. Its not a horrible school considering the area, but if you really want your child to get the best education possible - you won't find it here. Frankly, you'd probably have to move into Potomac or into McLean Virginia. The quality is decent if you keep your expectations low. If all you want is for your kids to go from elementary, to middle, to high school - learning the bare minimum and having fun - and go to a community or local college (if that), you're pretty much set here. If you want more for your kid...go elsewhere

Last modified William Tyler Page Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.