James Hubert Blake High School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
Blake is a great school if you like art like dance and stuff. While i at blake i took tap class and it was wonderful to learn the school has many classes to choose form but one downfall is that they have bad kids and it can be distracting in class and they always have fights in school but overall it a good school for arts and stuff.

Posted April 17, 2010

James Hubert Blake High School 4

Posted November 02, 2009
Blake is a wonderful high school, especially for students who want to excel academically, and are interested and proficient in the arts, whether visual arts or performing arts. There is so much being offered in the area of the arts and humanities. Additionally, the academics are very good for honors and AP students. My children chose to come to Blake after having attended private school. Not all students are good students, but achievers will find plenty of achievers to relate to.

Posted October 03, 2009
Amazing music, art, media and theater!! Students are fun to work with. Strong academic program and great staff.

James Hubert Blake High School 4

Posted August 28, 2009
I think, overall, Blake is a good school. I feel it has a safte enviornment; thanks to our amazing security staff, & I never feel afraid to go to school. Most teachers possess passion for the topics they teach, & it's a healthy enviornment for my academic growth. I'm not too sure it's, 'Arts & Humanities' specialty stacks up as much as it would like to believe, but out drama program is thriving; & I greatly appreciate our Black Box Theatre, & dance studio. Not to mention our photography red room. 4 stars

Posted June 03, 2009
Before actually coming here, I was so siced to go here. Everybody was as a matter of fact. However, now im so happy that it's the end of the year. A lot of people got dissapointed about this school, they thought it was going to be really cool and fun like how the people who actually stay say, but of course now we realized they just did that, because they wanna rep they school. I wouldn't suggest going here. Unfortunately, i didn't transfer out so im stuck here another year, but my friends that are going th springbrook and paint branch are happy. The school has nice facilities, and the teachers are okay. People get excited for nothing though. Though the school looks nice, think really hard before coming here.

Posted May 09, 2009
I am a sophomore at this school, and I recommend you think things through before going here. The facilities are one of the nicest, yet this is pretty much the only upside of this school. In this school, the students aren't really open and welcoming to each other, and they usually just stick with the group they came in with. And plus, the school is really boring. To be honest, most of the students here don't like it, and every year a whole bunch of people leave to go to other schools (springbrook mostly) and they say they like it much better there.So i myself and a bunch of other people are transfering to Springbrook.The students here aren't as social as you'd think, and I know the teachers try very hard,it's just that the school is boring,has drama over little things, and people get excited to go here for nothing.

James Hubert Blake High School 0

Posted May 03, 2009
i went to blake for a year. then transferred to Springbrook (which I believe is the better of the three NEC High Schools in Montgomery County). At Blake, (please excuse my 'french') I noticed a drastic change in my friends. They went to regular teenagers, to party hoppers and very sexual with other people. I feel like once you step through the doors at Blake, you lose yourself in the mix. (not the good kind, as you can see). There are a lot of fake people there, and they need to grow up and need a reality check. Although the Pep Rallies are amazing, it seems Blake is only good for partying and having a good time socially, not as an educational environment. If your child wishes to go to this school, I as a former student recomend you think this through,as it may change your lifestyle just as much theirs.

Posted April 15, 2009
I had a child that graduated from Blake and we were not satisfied with the school. Blake did not perpare my child for college academics and he took honor and AP classes while at Blake. My other child transfered from Blake to another school in the NEC and we are more than pleased with the transfer. While we were at Blake, my children were not challenged academically and we found their athletic programs to be very biased and unfair. That facilities are great, but the academics and social environments need great improvement.

Posted April 11, 2009
Blake is a wonderful school with many offerings for almost any student. Students from other public and private schools, alike, will usually find Blake very appealing. The arts are amazing. The academics are very good, and the drama/art/music/tv production/journalism are the best. Blake has many wonderful teachers, and a few that aren't the best. Overall experience for my children has been great. Blake offers 21 AP classes. Students can also take college level math classes at the school (or nearby school), taught by a college instructor. Students can earn college credit while in high school. The honors and AP classes are the best classes, besides the arts. The principal is a very talented administrator. Most of the students are great, but some are not. They school is best for the involved student and involved parents.

James Hubert Blake High School
300 Norwood Rd, Silver Spring, MD  20905
Last modified James Hubert Blake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Hubert Blake High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top