Smithsburg, MD

Posted March 25, 2014
Our daughter attends the AM Pre-K program and we are ecstatic. We could not have chosen a better teaching staff for our child. Right now I feel like they have already surpassed getting her ready for next year. I can not speak for the other grades, but if they are even remotely like our daughters class then I would be proud to send my other child there. Mrs. L and Mrs. H, thank you!

Smithsburg Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
Smithsburg Elementary has the closeness of a smaller town school yet has the educational achievements of much larger schools. With that closeness comes the comfort of teachers and staff knowing the names of the entire school population so that each student feels important enough to be known.

Smithsburg Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
My son has been in Smithsburg Elementary since kindergarten. He is now in his final year, (5th grade), in this school and with all he has learned throughout the years, I can't thank all the teachers enough! The are just terrific!

Posted May 27, 2009

Posted April 27, 2006
Smithsburg Elementary School is an excellent school. THe teachers are very dedicated and the overall experience is outstanding. As all schools should, they expect parents to do their part. The PTA is very strong, but it seems only an handful do all of the work - but that's usually how it goes. There are some behavior problems and most parents work with the administration to overcome the problems. But then again there are those few who are in denial and blame all of the child's problems on everyone else. I have had two children go through SES from K-5 and if I had to do it all over again I would choose this area to live in and this school. My kids are both well-prepared and confident and much of that I credit to the great beginning that had at Smithsburg Elementary. Mu hat is off to everyone there!

Smithsburg Elementary School 2

Posted May 06, 2005
I am not happy with this school, i cant wait til we move this summer and find a better one. my oldest daughter has been tortured at this school by other kids and nothing has been done by it. plus, she has learning disabilitys and they are trying to classify her as something she isnt! the teachers that i know are good teachers but the overall experiance isnt good. this school is a good school as long as your kid doesnt have any problems learning or problems with other kids. the main child my kid is picked on by, they put that child in the same class as mine again this year after a school year of hell last year.

Smithsburg Elementary School
67 North Main St, Smithsburg, MD  21783
Last modified Smithsburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smithsburg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top