Sparrows Point, MD

Posted May 06, 2010
I just graduated class of '09 and I can honestly say that SPHS has helped me get to where I am now. I'm currently at one of the best tech colleges in the country for environmental management and technology. I was in the environmental science magnet at the Point and it was the best experiences of my life. I would suggest this school a thousand times.

Posted February 17, 2010

Sparrows Point High School 0

Posted December 30, 2009
My Daughter was Home Schooled prior to moving back to my Home Town of Sparrows Point. We strongly had considered sending her to a private school, however wanted her to meet other kids in the area. Since attending the public Middle and now High School (Sparrows Point Middle and High) she is in GT and Honors classes. Attends the Sollers Tech. School for Nursing and is getting a great education. The Parent support in this school along with the teaching is unremarkable and almost like being in a private school. Not only am I proud to say my Daughter is going to Graduate from my High School- but I know she had the best education that money didn't have to buy!!!! The Perouty'Leone Family. Class of 90 and 2011 Pointers

Posted May 14, 2009
My daughter is thriving at Sparrows Point. Her grades have started improving, and most importantly, her attitude toward school has changed toward the positive for the first time in her life. Teachers and students have terrific attitudes toward each other and toward academics. Class sizes are small and discipline and order are maintained. Thank you, Sparrows Point, for rescuing a kid.

Posted April 18, 2009

Sparrows Point High School 4

Posted December 03, 2008
I think that SPHS is excellant! The class sizes are small. Teacher communication is great. The staff is fantastic from Administration to Teachers and Counceling staff to the Athletic Director. There is no doubt they are there for the kids. Renovations are almost complete and the school is looking good. The only negetive thing I can say is the parent involovment for my childs class is non-existant. The Booster Club and PTA is struggling to say the least but the school itself is top notch!

Posted March 03, 2008
I am a senior at Sparrows Point and I cannot say how much attending this school has shaped me. I had the choice of attending a few high schools surrounding me incuding Dundalk (my home school), Patapsco (for art magnet), Eastern Tech (for allied health), or Kenwood, just to name a few. I chose Sparrows Point for the environmental science magnet and it is the best decision I could have made. The teachers are so supportive and no matter where you turn, if you need help, you are getting it. Sparrows Point knows how to prepare students for college.

Sparrows Point High School 4

Posted October 01, 2007
This school is one of the best schools in the area. My daughter is in her 3rd year and she has had the best teachers that honestly care about her learning and caring about her as a person. The teachers and Principal have high expectations for each student. I have never had a problem trying to contact a teacher with any problems that have come up.

Posted September 17, 2007
ive been in sparrows point since i was little and i went to the middle school and this is my third year in high school this is by far the best school in the county there are good teachers and the whole environment is just wonderful

Sparrows Point High School 1

Posted September 10, 2007
the school has good teachers but the shape of the school is terrible. there is no ceilings.there is no air condition for my child and no heat and i think that is a discrace

Sparrows Point High School
7400 North Point Rd, Sparrows Point, MD  21219
Last modified Sparrows Point High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sparrows Point High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top