Stevenson, MD
After care: No

Posted July 20, 2015
My daughter is a sensitive young woman, and I was at first concerned about how she would do at a boarding school, away from home. My husband and I could not be more pleased! She grew leaps and bounds in just her first year. Her confidence blossomed, she matured socially and emotionally, she has a newly found sense of independence and purpose, not to mention her drive to question, examine, learn and explore. The few parents and students who have, in recent years, left negative reviews here are absolutely afforded their own opinions; however, my husband and I, our daughter, and her St. Tim's friends have experienced only the best at St. Tim's - something unique and extremely precious at St. Tims. Academics are indeed challenging; however, the Administration and the faculty have been overwhelmingly helpful and supportive! As for the social atmosphere, the students are diverse, friendly and embracing!

St. Timothys School 2

Posted July 03, 2015
As a past St. Timothy's parent I can definitely claim that the school has several drawbacks. Our daughter endured blatant favoritism by teachers and coaches while a student at St. Timothy's. In retrospect, we believe her difficulties in adjusting were exacerbated by her independent spirit. St. Tim's claims to support independent, free thinking young women. However, in reality, the school fosters and encourages ideological conformity. The Brownie-Spider tradition is a cornerstone of St. Tim's culture. When blind adherence to tradition is taken too far negative consequences may result. During her freshman year our daughter was subjected to what might be best described as hazing. The hazing was associated with the Brownie-Spider tradition, and was essentially condoned by the school. Academically, if your daughter has difficulty acclimating to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Program, she may feel lost, or overwhelmed. The IB Program is aggressively promoted by the school administration, and deviations within its academic structure are highly discouraged. Be careful when assessing whether this school may be the right learning environment for your daughter. Everything at St. Tim's may not be as copasetic as it seems.

Posted June 08, 2015
As a student, I love St. Tim's! We have challenging classes, but we have a lot of fun things here too. Over Winterim, we went to New York. We saw "Matilda" the musical and "The Audience" with Helen Mirren on Broadway, heard the renowned jazz musician, Wynton Marsalis perform at Lincoln Center, viewed the Orchid Show, and saw "Don Giovanni", my first opera. We also had an amazing time breaking into song at Hard Rock Cafe when Uptown Funk played and now it's our class song. Besides the amazing performances, we heard Martin Indyk at Brookings Institute, a think tank. I hope you'll consider St. Tim's and come join the fun!

Posted June 08, 2015
I love St. Tim's because of our diverse community. It's great to meet people from all over the world at one place. There are nice students and faculty members; I always have someone to talk to! I love our beautiful campus with unique buildings, pretty flowers and lovely swans. I also love the new experiences I have had here, such as riding and performing a dance. There are so many wonderful things that I love at St. Tim's, and I am very proud of being a member of this community.

Posted May 12, 2015
My wife and I cannot be more pleased with our daughter's experience at STT. The combination of small size and personal attention combined with the global opportunities simply cannot be matched. It was very hard on both of us to drop her off the first September when she was 14 years old. But as these two years have gone by, we both have come to appreciate it is the very best opportunity for her. She is challenged daily in both the classroom and the riding arena. But with the individual attention from her teachers and the support of her amazing friends, she has continued to thrive.

Posted May 12, 2015
My daughter is dyslexic. Faced with this matter in the classroom, St. Tim's faculty have been both thoughtful and strategic in helping her to excel. She has been supported, yet challenged. We are delighted she is a St. Tim's girl.

St. Timothys School 1

Posted April 26, 2015
I sent my daughter to St. Tim's a few years ago after transferring to another school in the county. She made a lot of friends there but every time she and her friends come to our home to have sleepover all they do is complain about school. My daughter ended up changing school because the school academic was no near adequate. I do not recommend this school.

St. Timothys School 1

Posted April 26, 2015
I attended St. Timothy's school for 3 years and graduated a couple years ago. As an international student from China I had a lot of concerns and worries before coming to the states. Overall my 3 years of life at St. Timothy's school was nothing but awful. The tuition is extremely expensive comparing to other boarding schools I was considering but the school is below average. I regret ever attending this school. all I did at St. Tim's was to gain more Chinese friends and spoke Chinese all the time. The international students at the school comprises of 80 percent of Chinese. I will not recommend any international students to go to this school if you want to learn English. Over the years at St. Tim's there were countless people who got expelled from school by superficial reasons made up by Head master of the school Randy Stevens. Everybody including the faculty members fears him. The students are terrorized by him and the teachers would not try to help the students. The campus is beautiful because of recent renovations but it is just the cover to hide the truth of the school. Propaganda and espionage campaigns to find any students who does not "fit in"

Posted March 23, 2015
Our daughter's experience at St. Timothy's this year has been filled with growth and new opportunities. Transferring to St. Tim's as a junior after having attended international schools abroad was seamless. We were hoping to find a school in the States that would mimic the qualities of the international schools we were used to and admitted overseas. A school that had a strong sense of international community, academic rigor, an IB curriculum, teachers from diverse geographic regions of the world, small class sizes and rich interaction with the academic staff. We found this in St. Tim's and so much more. The campus is gorgeous, the school is rich in tradition and values and the administration is top notch. We couldn't be happier with our choice of schools.

Posted March 09, 2015
Our daughter fell in love with St. Timothy's from the moment she first visited and spoke with other students on campus about the unique St. Timothy's experience. As a boarder, the faculty and students have become her second family. The faculty and staff have worked closely with our daughter to ensure that she is being academically challenged and supported. An institution-wise encouragement of academic curiosity, deep examination, open conversation and an investigation of diverse perspectives has made the St. Tim's experience absolutely invaluable in our minds. My husband and I quite simply can't imagine a better school for our daughter.

St. Timothys School