Stevenson, MD

Posted March 23, 2015
Our daughter's experience at St. Timothy's this year has been filled with growth and new opportunities. Transferring to St. Tim's as a junior after having attended international schools abroad was seamless. We were hoping to find a school in the States that would mimic the qualities of the international schools we were used to and admitted overseas. A school that had a strong sense of international community, academic rigor, an IB curriculum, teachers from diverse geographic regions of the world, small class sizes and rich interaction with the academic staff. We found this in St. Tim's and so much more. The campus is gorgeous, the school is rich in tradition and values and the administration is top notch. We couldn't be happier with our choice of schools.

Posted March 09, 2015
Our daughter fell in love with St. Timothy's from the moment she first visited and spoke with other students on campus about the unique St. Timothy's experience. As a boarder, the faculty and students have become her second family. The faculty and staff have worked closely with our daughter to ensure that she is being academically challenged and supported. An institution-wise encouragement of academic curiosity, deep examination, open conversation and an investigation of diverse perspectives has made the St. Tim's experience absolutely invaluable in our minds. My husband and I quite simply can't imagine a better school for our daughter.

Posted March 09, 2015
My daughter is having an incredible experience at St. Timothy's School. She is challenged academically and her days are full of a combination of academic rigor and a competitive sports life. She has made friends from around the world. We could not offer her and education that comes remotely close to her experience at St. Tim's at a school near our home. St. Timothy's has provided our daughter with tremendous self-confidence and happiness. Whether it's competing in the field hockey championship game, taking part in the International Fashion Show, or giving a school tour, she loves every single minute of it. We could not imagine her anywhere but at St. Tim's!

Posted March 03, 2015
After I had my first tour, I just fell in love with St. Tim's. My mom didn't want me to go to any other school but here. I have made friends from all over the world and I finally have sisters which I have never had. Everyone here is super friendly and nice.

Posted March 03, 2015
My husband and I are parents of two St. Timothy's day students. Our older daughter graduated and has been more than equipped for college on so many levels including academics, time management, and the ability to navigate almost everything independently. The academics are rigorous but have paid off in a big way. The tools that St. Timothy s provides are empowering and will assist our girls forever. The experience of attending school with girls from all over the world and of different races and religions has been invaluable. This has opened our children s eyes and allowed them to better respect and accept others. Our younger daughter is a sophomore and absolutely loves the school. As parents of day students, our family has the unique opportunity to host boarding students who are not able to go home over school breaks. This has been a wonderful and rewarding experience. In addition, the sports have been an excellent outlet and have built strong relationships and comradery. We have loved the experience at St. Timothy s and strongly recommend this school. It has truly been one of the best decisions our family has ever made!

St. Timothys School 4

Posted March 02, 2015
Our choice to send our daughter to St. Tim's reminds me of the parable of sowing seeds. It is as if we transplanted our daughter from the "rocky terrain" of her school at home to the "fertile soil" of St. Tim's. This may come across as a bit exaggerated (and the school at home is actually quite good), but at this critical point in our daughter's life, it is clear to us that at St. Tim's our daughter is blossoming more quickly than we could have imagined into an independent young woman who wants to be a leader, who wants to achieve her goals, and who loves to learn.

Posted March 02, 2015
My daughter is on fire at St. Tim's. She is so happy and bubbly about everything, from the teachers to the roommates to Winterim / IB. Randy Stevens and his wife are fabulous; the girls adore them. The facilities are top-notch. It's a very happy campus!

Posted February 27, 2015
At the beginning of my freshman year, I was shy, quiet, and did not have much self confidence. During my first year at St. Timothy's School, I chose to become an ambassador (a tour guide). I noticed myself changing into a more confident woman instead of a quiet girl. These past two years at St. Timothy's School have changed me by helping me develop leadership skills such as confidence and responsibility. My school is something I am proud of which is why I love to show it to new families!

Posted February 27, 2015
When I visited St. Timothy's School as a prospective student, my tour guide provided a warm, informative and honest perspective of campus life. I was so impressed by St. Timothy's School that I was determined to attend this school and to become a tour guide myself someday. Later, I learned that I had received the Carter Merit Scholarship which is awarded to a student with strong academics, extracurriculars, and leadership. This scholarship covers my tuition, room and board as a boarding student at St. Tim's. I carry the St. Tim's pride and tradition with me during each and every tour I lead today. I want everyone in the world to know that St. Tim's is an amazing community!

St. Timothys School 1

Posted February 21, 2015
Do not send your daughter to this school. The headmaster only cares about himself. He is right about everything, everyone else is wrong. I hope the truth about him comes to the light, so that the girls are protected from him and his staff that carry out his orders based on his lies.
2 people found this helpful