Stevenson, MD

St. Timothys School 1

Posted November 24, 2014
This school has such beautiful campus, cultural heritage, and its diversed community. However it's just a superficial face that Randy Stevens, the current headmaster, forces everybody to wear. He is surrounded by those faculty, student, and board of trustee who only praises him and tries to be his favorites. And to those who do not "serve" to him get expelled.(he expels 4-5 students per year with unreasonable reasons)

St. Timothys School 1

Posted October 12, 2014
The school has a beauiful campus. However, beneath the surface, are girls who are emotional terrorized by the head master snd afraid. He needs to be removed urgently for the welfare of the girls.

Posted August 26, 2014
Our daughter's first year at St. Tim's has been unbelievably positive! Our daughter has grown by leaps and bounds in the positive, nurturing academic, social and emotional environment. The manner in which the IB program is implemented at St. Tim's means remarkable opportunities for St. Tim's students and helps to develop remarkable young ladies!

Posted June 17, 2014
Our daughter s experience her first year at St. Tim s is best measured by the pride and joy she has in her heart for her school. She absolutely loves it. She has been pushed to her limits and then some. But each day she comes closer to realizing that there really are no limits, just goals to conquer. Thank you to the faculty, teachers and coaches who have created this culture of excellence. We know it is a relentless team effort, and for that we are eternally grateful.

Posted June 07, 2013
As a parent of a day student, I am still in awe every time I drive on the campus. Not only is the campus breathtakingly beautiful with its landscaping, playing fields, and buildings; but I am in awe that my daughter has opportunities afforded to her that otherwise she would not. Through various programming, Friday Assemblies, trips, Winterim, and just sharing a meal with other girls from around the United States and the world, my daughter is growing not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. She is able to express herself not just as a member of a small family, but as a productive member of a more global society. I am so proud of her and her accomplishments so far and look forward to many more in her future. Besides, her smile and the way she carries herself says it all! She loves St. Timothy's and we do too!

Posted April 30, 2013
Our initial reason for looking into St. Timothy s School was because of our daughter's equestrian passion. St. Tim s size offered the personal touch needed to both challenge and nurture our daughter s intellectual curiosity. Using the class room Harkness tables (one large table around which all students sit), every student is involved. We knew that the IB program would be robust. During our recent college visits, the admissions leadership told us that they like IB students . The after school selection of sports and clubs gave many options and all students were encouraged to try something that they hadn t done. State of the art tools and resources complimented the academics. Having the options to board or be an involved day student had value, too. With the equestrian center facilities, our daughter could ride regularly and share her passion with others who felt the same way. So what was the deciding factor? The culture. Young ladies throughout the USA as well as many other countries live and learn together. Leadership is encouraged and mentors help in its development. The value for daughter has been her growing feeling of relevance and thirst to succeed!

Posted April 30, 2013
Our daughter met a member of the St. Tim s admissions team at a local boarding school fair. That evening, she was introduced to an educational experience that she wasn t aware was available to students. Upon return home that evening, my husband and I tried to downplay the exceptional opportunities that she had uncovered that day because St. Tim s was located ten hours away. Yet, we knew that God had a plan for our daughter s life and that it was hard to deny that a St. Tim s whole-child (social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual) education was part of the plan. To support her freshmen year, our family has made both emotional and financial investments investments in the school that we feel offers our daughter the very best preparation for life! She has made friendships with girls who are kind, funny, diverse and scholars/social entrepreneurs that will undoubtedly remain lifelong friends. The faculty, staff and coaches have provided the nurturing environment that has allowed her to thrive and blossom. In choosing St. Timothy s School, we don t measure the expense we consider the investment!

Posted March 31, 2013
My daughter is a sophomore at St. Timothy's. I have to say, I was not one of those parents who wanted their child to go to boarding school. In fact, she attended one of the best K-12, independent schools in the country. While she was in 8th grade, she decided that she needed a change and chose to seek out several of the boarding schools within a three hour radius. She was accepted into all that she applied to, but she felt that St. Timothy's was where she needed to be. Her experience at St. Timothy's has been very good. The faculty and staff are very supportive of the students. My daughter has a fantastic relationship with both the Dean of Students and her advisor. But what makes this relationship even stronger for us, is the fact that they also work very closely with my husband and I to ensure we are on the same page with her academic life, and any issues that she may experience socially (you know teenage girls). I am very happy with all that she is getting from St. Timothy's, and look forward to the day when our youngest daughter can attend.

Posted March 22, 2013
I love St. Timothy's! St. Tim's is preparing me to be a sucessful college student. I have great teachers. The leadership really cares about all the students, and sometimes have to make decisions that are best for the all the students, not just for a few. The IB program is awesome and colleges are giving college credits for a IB diploma. I have lot's of friends and am involved in many of the activities at school. Go Brownie!

Posted March 14, 2013
My daughter is in her second year at St. Timothy s. She was accepted at 7 other boarding schools and she chose St. Tim s. She is doing very well at St. Tim s and is involved in many activities and has many great friends. I cannot say enough positive things about the school, the Headmaster, other leadership, teachers, and the overall environment. The teachers are unbelievably generous with their time, not only in regards to academics but the personal growth of the girls as well. Many alumni return to visit St. Tim s and say how well St Tim s prepared them for college in the U.S. and abroad. St. Timothy s is considered one of the best International schools in the U.S. The IB program at St. Tim s is exceptional with many girls being awarded college credits at colleges/universities. I would recommend St. Tim s to any parent who wishes to see their daughter grow as a person, student and an outstanding citizen of the world.

St. Timothys School