Suitland, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted April 01, 2009
I am a parent who has 2 children at MES one in kindergarten and the other in 2nd grade. I have never seen a kindergarten come home and do their homework without asking for some type of help. That shows you how great the teachers are!!!! I think this school is wonderful for people who want the best education for their children. They have a wonderful staff from the principal down to the lovely lunch ladies. They are always putting the children first and the extra mile they go for us is just outstanding. I only wish that they(the school board) were not closing this school. Our kids will be the ones most effected from this transition. I truly think this plan is a disaster just waiting to unfold on everyone. I just pray that someone in the school board sees this before it's too late. We love this school!!!!!

Morningside Elementary School 0

Posted October 14, 2008
My daughter attends Morningside Elementary and loves it there. They have an excellent Principal and Vice Principal who have the childrens best interest at heart. My daughter has had two great teachers who are very hands on with the parents. I also like the fact it is a small school with just over 200 students.

Posted June 09, 2008
My daughter is a recent graduate of MES and it was a wondeful educational experience. The Principle and Vice Principle were absolutely top-notch! The school is ran with great stern yet compassionate leadership & this trickles down to the teachers and additional staff as well. I highly recommend Morningside for any child!

Morningside Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2007
This was my childs first year at morningside, and I feel that was the best move I made. His teacher along with the principle always puts education first. They also have after school activities that focus on education more so than playtime. All of the classes have no more than 15 kids per teacher,so it is almost like a private school class setting. Moringside is the best elementary school in the Suitland/Forestville area.

Morningside Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2006

Posted July 06, 2005
- a former student
Morningside was the best elementary school I attended! The teachers were wonderful. They always encouraged us to do and be our best. I was an Honor Roll Student in grades 4-6. The prinicpal was also very active in the students lives. I will always remember that school for making me the responsible teenager I am now. Thanks Morningside!

Posted June 30, 2005
I love Morningside! My sons teacher did a wonderful job encouraging and challenging my child to be successful in and out of the classroom. He has developed so much confidence and a since of ability. The classroom size was appropriate and allowed my son to get the attention he needed.

Morningside Elementary School
6900 Ames St SE, Suitland, MD  20746
Last modified Morningside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6
Morningside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top