Suitland, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted October 29, 2013
Supporting the school I attended as a child ! Hope others will also so they can win $5,000

Posted August 16, 2013
Princeton has struggled in the past but the teachers are dedicated and are not giving up on helping the school to improve. We are looking forward to a phenomenal year. We have an awesome team this year- one that is willing to put in the work that it will take for the students to feel safe and be achievers. I love my Princeton students and staff members!

Princeton Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
My son has been at this school since second grade and initially I thought it was a great school. He is now in the 5th grade and I am very disappointed with everything that's going on. The kids are out of control and the teachers seem to be overwhelmed with what's going on. If I could afford private school I would transfer my son out of there in a heart beat. I don't feel like my son is safe there, and he's not learning at his speed.

Posted May 14, 2012
Granted I reside in Georgia; my Grandsons attend this school.....so far so good! I was extremely impressed when my oldest grandson..."I'm a scholar Grandma K"....after I caught my breath again....I had to ask where he heard the word from and he stated "my teacher told me I'm a scholar".......ALL RIGHT!!!

Princeton Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2012
I attended this school for 6th grade (2010-2011) and I had a ball! Met lots of friends and even met a new cousin! We took plenty of trips and I learned a lot. Coming from a private school, yeah I learned things but at Princeton, I learned things that I was supposed to know in the 4th grade and I learned stuff that my 7th grade class is learning now. So I definitly believe the academics is there. Yes, there are bugs, but not as bad as my school, I have mice there and they are NOT doing anything about it. So if you are thinking about sending your child here, dont hesitate. Ms. Bunch, the principal, would love to have you!

Princeton Elementary School 1

Posted August 21, 2009

Posted August 01, 2009

Princeton Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2009
My child was in the K this year. In the beginning of the year I was disappointed to find out that my child's teacher did not know that he had an IEP. At the first meeting, the staff as a whole was extremely unprepared and unaware of his needs. There were some while at the meeting read his IEP for the first time. Needless to say this has been a trying and stressful year. I could have home schooled him for all that my family has had to go through this year. I sure hope that the older grade levels are better.

Princeton Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
Princeton is a no-nonsense school and they keep the kids very well disciplined and the kids do seem well behaved. Instrument lessons are offered to the 5th and 6th graders which I think is great. They have SGA for 5th and 6th grade classes and allow the kids to broadcast student news on their special channel in the mornings. The teachers keep you informed each quarter on what your child will be learning in each subject and what they are expected to achieve during those times. They encourage you to interact with the teachers and when I do that through the email the teachers always respond to me in a timely manner addressing any issues that I have. The school website is great as well in keeping us informed. Overall I believe Princeton is a good school with higher standards than a lot of the schools in the area.

Posted February 19, 2005
The quality of academic programs is excellent with the resources the teachers are alotted. From the principal, office staff, lunch ladies, etc., are professional and kind to the students. There is a music program, chorus, sports involvement. The Parent Teacher Association is active and provides monthly activities for students. More parent involvement would make the PTA more of a success, however great leadership prevails. The average classs size has increased from about 17:1 to 28:1 with the Leave No Child Behind Act. This is very discouraging.

Princeton Elementary School
6101 Baxter Dr, Suitland, MD  20746
Last modified Princeton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Princeton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top