Suitland, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2014
This school needs improvement. This school has many children with disabilities however this doesn't have the faculty to support their program. Its sad when you try to be patient while voicing your concerns and they fall on deaf ears. This school needs to be investigated.

Posted June 24, 2014
Reading these reviews, I notice that one of Skyline's own had negative things to say about the school and the administration staff. I have 2 children, a niece and a nephew that attends Skyline. This is an Awesome School. The teachers are wonderful but you have to remember you always have that one. One thing that I love about this school is, the Principal has alot of incentives for the students. As a parent I never witnessed any of the negative things that the teacher is speaking about. While my children were attending Skyline they had the BEST experience. Ms. Matthews (who works in the main office) was ALWAYS very help and PROFESSIONAL. She ALWAYS went out of her way to help parents and the students seem to love her. The other office staff has not always been professional but Ms. Matthews makes up for that. So please do not allow any of these reviews determine your childrens future. Please go visit and see the school for yourself. Also, I must say for them to speak about her son who is very respectful, (and I know this because he attended Skyline) makes their issue personal and should not have been put on here. AWESOME SCHOOL AWESOME PRINCIPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 18, 2014
Skyline Elementary has a superb, dedicated staff everyone is approachable, resourceful and willing to assist and help anyway possible. The teachers want to work with the parents for the greater good of educating you child/ren. No disability is too much for this school to handle, Skyline is equipped with all including staff to handle special needs and the children in the entire building respect each other and to assist if possible. Principle Deniston is attentive to staff, parents and all children in his building. This school has a lot to offer with the limited resources afforded. I love this school so much I won't move out of the area until my 1st grader has completed the entire elementary level here first. I have other children that have completed elementary at Skyline and truly they were well groomed for the road of success. It's a shame that school under the direction of Mr. Deniston does not go up to the Middle school to ensure and guarantee each child a life a total achievement. I pray this school wins $5000. towards this school in the name of education will assist with all that is needed and required.,

Posted February 14, 2014
Skyline and the school administration used to be one of the best out there but in the past 3 years there as been a tremendous decline. Students are allowed to fight and be bullied with no consequences. As a teacher there it breaks my heart because this was once an awesome place but the quality of education has gone down. Over the past three years awesome teachers have left and at the end of this year several more will be leaving. Administration is good at putting on a front but at the end of the day he cares about no one but himself. The office staff are some of the most unprofessional individuals you have ever seen. The gossiping, ghetto behavior and language used in front of staff and parents is unbelievable. The school custodian blares loud profanity laced music over the loud speaker after hours and throws trash all over the school property just to spite everyone. Several complaints have been filed with Dennison but he always acts like he is so afraid of confrontation. His personal secretary is one of the worse but nothing can be said or done about her because they are personal friends and her son is his godson so go figure. Garbage school that will never be the same.

Posted January 27, 2014
Skyline, under the Direction of Principle Denison, is a Sincere Educational Environment. All of the Staff care about Education as well as EACH and EVERY CHILD within the building. Parents are consistently informed. Parents and Staff work together for the same common goal. EXCELLENCE! There are NO Excuses!!

Posted March 17, 2011
I only have great things to say about Skyline Elementary. The principal knows every student by name and is very involved. My son is in the Autism program and everyone from the Principal to the cafeteria staff is trained to some degree on how to work with autistic children. My son has attended Skyline for four years now and has made tremendous strides. His teachers and paraprofessionals go above and beyond.

Posted January 19, 2011
I agree with the previous poster. Skyline is a school on the decline and it starts from the top. I recently had a child in that school and had to remove him because of the rampant discord and lack of accountability. My son was harassed regularly and the offender was neither disciplined nor suspended. I don't know if "points" are received for good behavior, but that school is apparently filled with angels. They do not teach what normal elementary schools should teach. They are focused on "teaching to the tests (standardized)" and therefore many of the kids don't even know what the Dewey Decimal System is. The faculty seem to be capable enough, so I lay the blame squarely on the leadership and their focus on looking good instead of being about any substance. Besides that, there are obvious unprofessional relationships that propagate throughout the school that are not even hidden away for appearance sake. To close this school down would be doing everyone a big favor.

Posted June 19, 2010
From what I have witnessed, and been told by parents, teachers, former, and present students, Skyline E.S. has many problems. I live within the vacinity of the achool, and I have witnessed unruly dismissal, school vandalizm, student fights, on school playground discord, etc. I have spoken to some parents who have students at the school who also have expressed student-student, student- teacher, parent-teacher, and leadership discord. I had two students in Skyline, and have withdrawn them both for a better educational environment. It perhaps was a good school at one time(?) but recently there has been a rapid decline in school safety, student discipline, and overall educational professionalism from teachers as well as leadership.

Skyline Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
Skyline is a very unique elementary school with outstanding staff. It takes a great leader to acquire such success. My experience as a teacher with Skyline Elementary had been one of my best experience teaching in a classroom. It is not just being a teacher that warrant this review, it is working with great leadership and such a wonderful and support team of teachers. When I returned to Maryland in 2007 Skyline Elementary was to be my first stop....and it was. I wasn't looking for anything different from what I have known the school reputation to be..I merely was looking to visit what I knew then and what I know now 'A Legacy to be remembered'. I found a dedicated principal and his faculty..an environment that reminds me of my home away from home, warm, conducive to learning and just a good spirit. Mr. Dennison is the best!

Posted July 15, 2008
We had one daughter go through Skyline under a previous principal and we currently have another daughter under Mr Dennison. The difference is quite distinct. There are more activities for the students; More parental involvement; More discipline and order in the classrooms and hallways, and the students' MSA scores are improving each year. Mr Dennison provides many incentives and rewards for learning. The Autism Program at the school is growing and becoming recognized throughout the county. Our daughter truly enjoys her learning and social experience at Skyline Elementary School.

Skyline Elementary School
6311 Randolph Rd, Suitland, MD  20746
Last modified Skyline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyline Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top