Bad
Good

Posted March 25, 2015
I am so impressed with this school! This is my child's first year and the quality and care that has been shown to her has been tremendous. I originally checked out some reviews before she started going there and was scared of what the experience would be like. To my surprise, the experience has been nothing like the negative reviews that I have read, which is why I felt compelled to write this. As a teaching parent, who is extremely involved in my child's educational development and growth, I have marveled all year at how much my child is learning outside of the home with the William Beanes staff. The TAG program is super active and involved, the teachers, counselors, etc. are truly engaged and the level of some of my child's work my child beings home runs rings around what was being given at her previous school. My daughter loves this school! And so do I.

Posted July 28, 2014
William Beanes has high expectations for the students and staff. The school has a new principal and this has made a big difference. The teachers and principal share the schools data and ways the parents, teachers and studetns can Improve. This helps my children to be proud of themselves and work hard to be smarter.

Posted July 28, 2014
The school has made great improvements. I have four kids. Two have attended the school and two are still there. The new principal is awesome and she really cares about the students. The school has many updates to the classrooms. The new principal has lots of programs in place and is no non-sense with parents. She makes sure we are doing what we are supposed to do to help our kids. She looks out for parents by providing training, newletters, personal phone calls with good news and ways we can help our children improve. I would like to see more parents attend the PTA meeting.

William Beanes Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2013
my current school is longfields elementary and im glad to be there because i absoulutley hated william beanes because i felt like i was bing rushed and i felt like the teacher werent taking time to sit down with the students and discuss the lesson so they understand. the testing and academic scores arent that great either.

Posted November 20, 2012
Willism beanes is a grreat skool iff u pay attention in class and if you do the right thing you will learn but if you play and dont do the right thing you will never learn wat i have to say is that william beanes is good you just have to do what they ask you do homewoork pay attention in class do ur workk and posittive behavior :)

William Beanes Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2010
In 2009 when I moved to Morningside, MD, my child was transferred to William Beanes. Unfortunately, this school was a nightmare for my child. The principal and vice principal are never available until you threaten to call the school board. The teachers were willing to meet with me to discuss my child's academic progress, even went so far as to develop a plan of correction and then never followed through. No afterschool programs, no tutoring, counseling department was a joke. I was not surprised to find that they did not do well on the MSA testing, because the teachers never took the time to give extra attention to students who were struggling. I am awaiting word of a transfer and whether the Title I department gives me a transfer - I will not be sending my child back to William Beanes.

William Beanes Elementary School

Posted March 12, 2008
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Great Schools rating, if you consider only cold numbers or data. William Beane does not meet the MD state or national testing standards. However, GS's comparison fails to consider or even mention that William Beane is located in a community soaked in the subculture of poverty and crime. The children attending William Beane (living in this communcity) experience generational illiteracy, poverty, and violence. Don't you think its hard to concentrate on school work when you don't know if your furniture and all you own will be sitting on the curb rumaged through, because your family was served and eviction notice this morning? I say all this to convey, these babies are living in terrible conditions that are beyond their control. I could go on and on...but I won't. I just want you to consider all the dynamics in play when analyzing information. TD MD

William Beanes Elementary School
5108 Dianna Dr, Suitland, MD  20746
Last modified William Beanes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Beanes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top