Bad
Good

Posted August 24, 2016
Going into my sons second year (7th grade), and I have to say, his teachers through last year were so positive and outstanding in how they handled a couple of issues. I really must thank the staff and leadership of the school. Looking forward to another incredible year with caring teachers. And, after one day, it is shaping up that way. My only worry is how well they rate against other schools? I cant seem to find the tests scores from last year.

Posted June 10, 2014
This school is TOP NOTCH! The teachers are amazing and go above and beyond to help the kids succeed. This is my daughter's first year here and she has excelled beyond my wildest expectations! The extra classes (drama, music, choir, art, and dance) have brought out things in my daughter that I never knew existed. She is only in 3rd grade but has decided on becoming a "dance major" and is looking forward to getting back to school next year! I wish everyone's child could attend a school as AMAZING as this one!!!

Posted May 27, 2014
My daughter auditioned for BFCPAA and was put on a waiting list because there were only 4 slots available for the entire 7th grade. That is extremely hard on a child who is so gifted and talented in so many areas (4.0 GPA, dance, piano, violin, drawing, drama) to be told that you're (basically) not accepted here. I'm afraid that if she attends a regular school, her bright "talented" light will dimmer. I think the pg school system should make more spaces available for the kids entering 7th grade because of the amount of elementary schools in our area. There were approximately 80 kids auditioning for 4 slots; a lot of our children didn't have a chance.

Posted April 16, 2012
I love this school, my son transferred from Thomas Pullen which was not a bad school either. I can't wait until my youngest son starts going.

Posted March 08, 2012
My son is in 5th grade. This is his 3rd year at BFCPAA and it is an EXCELLENT school! They offer a variety of performing arts classes/majors. The principal is a great principal. The work is academically challenging and they make SURE the kids are prepared for the MSA's and the next grade level. Also, the staff members are very professional, which is a hard to find these days. The only downfall...lack of foreign language. I wish they offered different foreign languages on a regular basis. Right now, they only offer Spanish on a quarterly basis. I highly recommend this school!

Posted August 20, 2010
This will be the 2nd year as a Creative & Performing Art school. Last year, was my daughter's first year attending, she was in 5th grade. She was on the honor roll all year, but she made a comment to me that her work did not challenge her enough. I will evaluate this year and see how she progresses. Overall the staff & students are good.

Posted March 31, 2010
It was a rough beginning when school first open but is becoming much better.

Benjamin Foulois Creative and Performing Arts Academy 4

Posted April 20, 2009
The school has great activities. The Renaissance Program and drama program. Cheerleading and modeling.

Benjamin Foulois Creative and Performing Arts Academy

Posted February 13, 2009
BFES is 2 schools in one. CSEP and General Ed. BFES is in a remodeling phase and soon you will see a great demand for people who want their children to attend. It is sure to be one of the better schools in PG. Currently there are issues but there are some great staff members and a strong push for excellence.

Posted November 10, 2007
My child has been attending BFES since Kindergarten in 2003. She is now in the 5th grade and doing quite well I must say. She is an honor roll student and has always been one. Parent's we can't keep putting the blame on others such as the Principal and Teachers because, yes the classrooms are over crowded and there is a shortage of Teacher's but that never stopped my child from getting what she came to school for and that's an education. When I find that there is a problem I get involved instead of complaining. Remember it's not what the school has to offer, it's what your child want out of it. Last but not least remember Teachers are under paid and over worked. Let's petition about that so that we could see some changes!

Benjamin Foulois Creative and Performing Arts Academy
4601 Beauford Rd, Suitland, MD  20746
Last modified Benjamin Foulois Creative and Performing Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8