Suitland-Silver Hill, MD

Posted June 14, 2014
My son attended this school after being in public school for nine years, and failing every subject. GCI helped my son to excel in every grade level. I am so proud of him. He graduated from GCI with honors, and went on to attend UDC. He made the Dean list every semester. Now my son is in the top of his career field. If it had not been for GCI my son would not have graduated, he would have been a dropout. They taught him to love learning, and built his self-esteem. Thank you GCI

God's Church International Higher Learning 4

Posted May 24, 2012
My daughter is in the head start program at this school. It is a great place for her. She has been in the program for two years and she is reading, writing, and doing math at five years old. I did not believe that she would be able to do the things promised by the director when we enrolled in the school. I was actually looking for daycare for my child when she was three and a parent of the school suggested I take my child there. I am glad I listened! :)

Posted May 11, 2011
My son has attended GCI from the age of four until now. He is several grades above what he would be according to his standardize testing and he constantly amazes me when he reads a passage or recite a fact that is beyond the intellect of a child his age. I was concerned about the small size of the school and the family environment but I have found that it works and I am completely satisfied with the education that my child is receiving. It is a little presumptuous because my child is still young but I currently have no plans to transfer my child to another school.

God's Church International Higher Learning 1

Posted October 04, 2010
horrible school to even say they are on the level of an educational institute. my daughter was there for 1 year, their promises were given she would learn how to read an so forth basically criteria a three year old should know. also the fact that the school allows them to play in the back of a condemed area with glass and rubble. I was furious when this was told to me after seeing her clothes were filty not to mention my child continuosly came home with bruises and cuts and smelled of urine. and the sad thing they could not tell me most the time why she was dirty or of her cuts and bruises or even seemed to care. the family owned facility also lacked commuincation skills they were never welcoming and sent home only colored pictures and never no work showing progress,

Posted May 18, 2010
OUTSTANDING! My child is a graduate of God s Church International Higher Learning School. The curriculum is the best it s challenging and Godly. Students are challenged with basic studies, foreign language/cultures, and Pre-Law/Moot Court. As my child grew older the challenges kept coming and today as a college student they are paying dividends. A Sociology Professor asked his 52 students, Who knows what the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution states? One student stood and recited it verbatim flooring everyone. That student was my child/a graduate of GCI Higher Learning School. Prepare yourself, your child, your family and friends, to be shocked and amazed by the excellence that is offered by this pearl of a school. My only bad comment has to do with the lack of involvement of most of the parents spectator behavior. It is my hope that they become more involved in the school and its activities.

God's Church International Higher Learning 1

Posted July 23, 2009
I am a former parent, my son attended the school for approximately 6 years. As a high school freshman he is below grade level in every subject matter. Testing has found serious flaws in the basic subject matter foundation, principles that he never mastered at the elementary level. The family based nature of this school did not lend itself to an adequate system of checks and balances between classroom and administration. We are now having to pay to help my son catch up with the other public school students, and get all the basics he was never taught.

God's Church International Higher Learning 0

Posted July 16, 2009
This school is really a family business with lots of day to day issues that take away from school learning. As a parent finishing up a 'first' year I don't know if I feel comfortable with trying a second year. Everyday you drop off your child you are faced with a different issue. I am happy to say the reading method for teaching children to read is very good.

God's Church International Higher Learning 2

Posted August 23, 2006
They have a good curriculum but, it's not followed correctly. They grade work quarterly, how do you or your child know how they are doing? It's a lot of issues going on there. Also, it's a family business, so every sticks together, which is not always right. However, my child did test above his grade on the standardlize test.

God's Church International Higher Learning 2

Posted June 13, 2006
There are a lot of misleading qualities about this school that leave parents with an uneasy feeling.

God's Church International Higher Learning
4650 Suitland Road, Suitland-Silver Hill, MD  20746
Last modified God's Church International Higher Learning is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
God's Church International Higher Learning Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top