Eldersburg Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2014
We are so disappointed in the new principal. She has no interest in the students or parents. Now I understand why the teachers and parents at her old school where so excited when she left. She is clearly a principal just for the power trip. I am so worried about the future of this school. Thank goodness all of my son's teachers have been excellent so far. The principal needs to know that if something is not broken, than please don't fix it!

Eldersburg Elementary School 4

Posted February 14, 2012
The curriculum is great, very caring teachers. The teachers never show favorites, and you learn a lot. Physical Education is one of the funnest things you can do and on "Field Day" you can dunk teachers, perform dances, and play lots of fun games. The only bad thing about it is that sometimes the female students can have cliques, and exclude people a lot. If somebody has broken an ankle they will declare that you're "faking" it, and they can make it miserable. I guess it all depends on the student. But other then that the education is acceptable.

Posted November 07, 2010
My child went from private school to Eldersburg. I have been very impressed on all levels. Great leadership and teachers. Strong academics and fun for students.

Eldersburg Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
They've done an excellent job with my two children. The teachers really care about the students & are always willing to meet with the parents and answer any questions you have.

Posted September 29, 2009
Great teachers and parent involvement!!

Posted June 18, 2009
We have had nothing but positive experiences with our daughter in Kindergarten at Eldersburg Elementary. Issues within the classroom with another student were dealt with efficiently and effectively. All the 'specials' teachers & support staff are well-loved by students and active participants in the school community. The principal Mr. Eisenklam and Asst Principal Ms. Laffer are involved with the students and are very visible. Fantastic school!!!

Posted December 08, 2007
Eldersburg Elem. is a great school. My husband and I love the friendly environment. We have been very impressed with the new Principal Mr. Eisenklam. We had been concerned with him being young but he has proven us wrong. His energy, enthusiasm and friendliness has brought new life into the building. The communication is great. The school frequently uses email updates and the new website is one of the best in the county.

Posted April 25, 2006
I love this school! We moved to this area from Howard County and I was concerned that the quality of schools would not be as good. I needn't have worried because this school is excellent! My daughter's first grade teacher is very energetic and in tune with her students, you can tell she enjoys her job. Communication is very good, the office staff is very helpful and friendly and parents and overall community support of the school is excellent. The school is open floorplan but it is dealt with very well. My daughter looks forward to her 'specials' of art, music, health, P.E., and media. My daughter also enjoys lunch at this school because she loves the big cafeteria and the 'workers are so happy and friendly'. I am looking forward to my younger daughter attending all-day Kindergarten there next year in the brand new kindergarten suite.

Posted April 09, 2005
Overall we have been very satisfied with Eldersburg Elementary School. I have always been able to communicate with teachers when needed and the Administrative staff is very nice. I do not like the open class rooms, and I do not like that my the graders have to change classes. The parent volunteers are very active and makes the learning environment an extent ion of our community.

Eldersburg Elementary School
1021 Johnsville Rd, Sykesville, MD  21784
Last modified Eldersburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eldersburg Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top