Sykesville, MD
Students enrolled: 1,104

Posted December 04, 2010
I just moved here with my kids from Virginia. I have a son going there now for junior year. I have to agree with the other reviews. This school has many sports to participate in. I feel like my son is getting a great preview of many career possibilities. He can go to the Career and Tech Center for testing out programs like CAD drawing and earn college credits. Also he is taking a few AP classes right now so he is getting well prepared for both college and the work field. A school well done.

Posted March 31, 2009
I have been so impressed with this school. The teachers and the principal really care about the students. There's a great can-do attitude here.

Posted November 12, 2008
We moved from Howard County this past summer which is supposed to have some of the best schools in the US. Our youngest son now goes to South Carroll and I am SO impressed with this school! Excellent principal, excellent teachers who care about the students, lots of things going on for kids to do and very serious about no drinking at activities. After being unimpressed with the high school my other sons attended that was supposed to be so wonderful, I am thrilled to find that South Carroll is awesome!

Posted November 27, 2007

Posted August 16, 2006
The school may be old, but it is well kept. The first thing I noticed when I went there for freshman orientation was how clean it was. It is, in fact, a beautiful school despite its age. The custodial staff show their pride in their workplace. My kids have received a quality education there and were given college credit in English and History because of their AP test scores. They both received academic scholarships and had no problems with college courses. They received an excellent education there. They were also well coached in the combined six sports they played.

South Carroll High School 2

Posted February 02, 2006

South Carroll High School 4

Posted July 12, 2005
Academic programs - generally good -- Social Sciences is weak. Availability of music and art are poor, like the rest of the county--sports programs are great. Most children make the teams they try out for, as many children do not play sports. The level of parent involvement is OK. It could be better, especially in regard to fund raisers or contributing to the school. The school is, I believe, the oldest in the county, and needs much work to bring it up to date with the rest of the county high schools. It is also one of the best-behaved schools, so the school board has a tendency to ignore it, thinking if it's not broke, don't fix it. So, it is starting to look more like a run-down inner city school (in an area where houses are 700.000.)

South Carroll High School 1

Posted January 04, 2005

Posted August 26, 2003

South Carroll High School
1300 West Old Liberty Rd, Sykesville, MD  21784
Last modified South Carroll High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Carroll High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top