Sykesville, MD

Sykesville Middle School 3

Posted November 15, 2012
My son has ADHD and is new to this school as a 6th grader. He has been struggling with being bullied, treated with disdain by several teachers and overall needing help adjusting to the increased expectation of responsibility that the school demands. The administration seems caring and understanding, but they seem to be uninvolved in day to day classroom activities. For example, my son has an overactive bladder as a result of his medication and a teacher, who so clearly doesn't enjoy my son, gave him a referral for using the bathroom too much. The administration actually let her submit this as though it is any of her business to police his bathroom habits, and to the extent that she nearly caused a humiliating incident for him. I was hoping to find some compassion and guidance from the teachers but here we are nearly half way through the year and all I've seen is complaints and teachers washing their hands of him. It's disappointing and I am hoping to apply for out-of-district placement for next year.

Sykesville Middle School 5

Posted July 02, 2009
Great place to work. I enjoy my students and love to go to work each day! Sykesville Middle is awesome!

Sykesville Middle School

Posted August 11, 2008
gross, bad, horrible, lunches gross and, mean

Sykesville Middle School 4

Posted March 11, 2005
SMS provides a safe environment and provides solid academics and a superb after care program. My son receives special ed services, and the staff and administration are flexible, supportive and creative in dealing with his special needs as well as the needs of the average pre-teen. Teacher quality varies, as in any school. My son has had some outstanding teachers and some mediocre teachers. He is learning, growing and succeeding and I never doubt that he is well cared for at SMS.

Sykesville Middle School 3

Posted January 05, 2005
I think this school needs to have more fun things to do and i think we need more time to play and on september 11th we need to do something special.And also i think we need more drills like lock down or firedrills. i am a student in 7th grade. please take some of my ideas and use them thanks.

Sykesville Middle School
7301 Springfield Ave, Sykesville, MD  21784
Last modified Sykesville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sykesville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top