Takoma Park, MD
Before care: Yes

Carole Highlands Elementary School 5

Posted July 25, 2014
I just read the horrific review written by a parent who had a dreadful experience. That was truly awful. I speak as a staff member. I love teaching at Carole Highlands. The staff is friendly. The administration is supportive of the school's goals, parents and staff.

Carole Highlands Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2012
Horrible experience with the administration and the principal in the 2010-2011 school year! It was my daughter's first day in Kindergarten and she is not a bus rider. I never signed her to ride any bus. I had checked on forms that I the parent will pick her up. 1st day after school I came to pick her up and could not find my daughter. The office finally realized they had put her on a bus - a bus that was not even going to our home! They had to call the bus back. It was a frightening experience. The worst part was that the principal was not sympathetic, did not try to allay my fears, she had no apology for their mistake; instead, she had an attitude as if I was making a big deal. It took 2 hours before the bus brought my daughter back to the school! With such an attitude from the principal, after my daughter came back I immediately told them I want to withdraw her. The principal told the office staff with a wave of her hand, "go ahead and give her the withdraw forms" as if to say good riddance to us. Wow! Mistakes happen, but they should NOT have responded the way they did! I see now that they have a new principal for the 2011-2012 yr. I hope she serves the school & families well.

Carole Highlands Elementary School
1610 Hannon St, Takoma Park, MD  20912
Last modified Carole Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carole Highlands Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top