Takoma Park, MD

Rolling Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted December 17, 2014
I currently have two boys attending Rolling Terrace. I am very happy with their teachers as they are very involved and it is evident that they genuinely care about their students. My eldest is now in the 4th grade and transferred to Rolling Terrace in the 2nd grade so I have had the pleasure of interacting with different great teachers. Rolling terrace is a good school and offers a diverse environment and a great Spanish immersion program. My only dislike is the office staff and administrative staff. They aren't pleasant at all, they never smile and you never feel welcomed in the office.

Posted May 29, 2014
My son attends Rolling Terrace Elementary and he enjoys it. His teacher is very kind and sweet. This is his first school experience and he has improved in so many ways. His teacher showed us his progress from the first day of school to his 2nd week and my oh my how much of a progress!. Kudos to Ms. Carter. Also the tiger paws are a great idea, kids love it and it motivates them to do better. Just wish the administrative staff and office staff would be more friendly and smile more. Not so pleasant.

Posted May 13, 2014
The teachers are excellent. Parents are involved and interested in more than test scores (despite the fact that RT students do very well on the standardized test) This school has so much to offer students in terms of learning in two languages and learning to live in a diverse environment. Highly recommended for the Spanish immersion program.

Posted May 19, 2011
Rolling Terrace, I guess, from what it sounds and looks is pretty good for the spanish immersion side. The teacher:student ratio is lower and most of those classes have teacher aides in them. For students on the "otherside" its not so. But what would the you spanish immersion parents care or know for that matter about the rest of the school....

Rolling Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2011
Following up, I wrote the June 12 Review - We wish we had stayed at RT in the Spanish Immersion program. The school is warm, welcoming, and fun. The Tiger Paws incentives are fun for the kids and really incent them to work hard. The school my daughter is in now seems cold and unfriendly next to RT. We moved out of the area and miss our old school.

Posted March 03, 2011
Great Spanish Immersion Program, great diversity, and a fantastic principal. Really love the school spirit my daughter has shown. She really loves earning "Tiger Paws" for good behavior and has made some wonderful friends.

Posted January 20, 2010
this is a good school and mrs.friesen a 5th grade teacher is so helpful

Rolling Terrace Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted October 10, 2008

Posted January 30, 2008

Rolling Terrace Elementary School
705 Bayfield St, Takoma Park, MD  20912
Last modified Rolling Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rolling Terrace Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top