Temple Hills, MD
Students enrolled: ?
Before care: Yes

Middleton Valley Elementary School 5

Posted January 26, 2009
I have two kids who attend MVA and i myself attended this school and i love it. My 8yr. old loves her teacher and her principal who is also a very nice person, who will work with you if you take the time out to let her Know what the problem is. I as a parent feel safe with my child attending this school.

Middleton Valley Elementary School 0

Posted May 31, 2008
My chidren attended MVA. My daughter attended when they were a Classical Academy and I had n problems. My son, attended after the magnet program was discontinued. Needless to say, there was a world of difference in the school. The most telling problem was the leadership at the school. The principal was unwilling to work with parents when they brought issues to her attention. The exposure the children needed was not there either. As a sixth grader, rising seventh grade, the children should have been changing classes. That should not have been a new experience once they went to middle school. The only saving grace was the music teacher. She really took a personal interest in the students and always encouraged them to do their best. The principal is lucky to her this jewel on her staff.

Posted August 20, 2006
My child has attended MVA for the past few years and what I have seen is really disturbing. Many of the teachers can barely spell. My son was consistently correcting teachers spelling and grammar. I was told for years that my son would be placed in certain programs, but nothing ever came of it. I was fed a bunch of empty promises/lies. The school shows no signs of being equipped to deal with advanced children. There is also a MAJOR problem with discipline there. The school can not hold onto teachers and it is a small wonder why. If you have any choice at all I would avoid MVA like the plague. Shame on MVA for doing such a disservice to all who attend.

Middleton Valley Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2006
My son has been in private school from k-3-thrid grade,and I tell you this was his first year in the public school system, and I was very happy with his progress. Middleton Valley really was a very good choice for me and my son.Plus I am the type of parent that will check up on my child often, 'cause you have to check on your kids from time to time to see how there acting in class. Plus the teachers was very helpful in helping the children with any problem subject like math or what ever. I was very pleased with his first year going in as a forth grader. Keep up the good work over there Principal and teachers. His going into the 5th grade this year and can't wait.

Posted April 04, 2006
I am very disappointed with the behavior problems that exist within this school. My children have been at MVA for a number of years and the problems that exist now didn't exist under the previous principal. I believe that this principal tries but she's experiencing difficulty which remains evident with the escalating number of teacher turn-overs and the number of children and teachers (new and old)who no longer desire to be at MVA. I hope that things get better but I don't know if I am willing to wait. My children's education is not worth them dealing with the social decline which weighs heavily on their ability to learn. Note to the parents: Please make time to support the school and/or teachers. Come to the school and see what part your child is playing in the issues that you have with the school. It's quite a few bad apples...

Posted November 16, 2005
I have 2 children who attend this school. I am in the process of finding another school for my children. This principal doesn't care about anything but statistics on making the school and her 'look good'. The school has undergone a complete teacher turnover. The discipline is so bad. The kids fight in the classroom. The teachers complain but the principal does nothing. When I told my child I was coming to spend the day in his classroom he said to me, 'Don't come Mommy. I'm afraid you might get hurt'. PARENTS, FIND ANOTHER SCHOOL!

Posted May 12, 2005
I have two children who attend MVA. It used to be a great school. Under the new leadership, the morale of all teachers, staff, and children is at an all time low. My kids come home everyday only to complain about the principal. The two teachers of my children, I am so proud of them for sticking it out this school year even thought they get no support from their boss. She is demeaning to them and very abrupt in conversation with them. Good job teachers! I know it has been very stressful for you under the circumstance you face every day.

Middleton Valley Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2005
I have a 5 year old daughter that attends this school, we moved here from Louisiana recently and from the time I went to register my child in this school I didn't like the school. What really did it for me is, in December 2004 I went outside to meet my daughter at the bus stop like I did everyday, and my daughter never got off the bus....one of the older kids had to tell me that maybe she was still at the school. I never received a phone call telling me she was at the school. When I get to the school all they can tell me is they let a patrol take her the bus stop and the child took my child to the back of the school instead of the front of the school. When asked how long do the buses wait until they pull off I was told 15 minutes. So in 15 minutes no one knows where this child is with my child and no one cares enough to even give me a call when they realized she was left at school. Now my daughter walks herself to the bus stop without supervision,I call the office for information no one knows anything. This has been a very frustrating school year for me and my daughter and as much as I don't like the school I don't want to keep moving her from school to school in one year. I'm hoping to move so that there will be another school I can choose from instead of a school I can't trust with my child. I would never recommend anyone to place their child or children in this school. I feel like the staff that I have interacted with don't care enough about the kids they are just there to receive their checks and go home. That is a terrible attitude to have when dealing with other people's children. And I will definitely be doing research on the next school.

Posted December 21, 2004
I am very familiar with the way Middleton Valley opperates. Under the new leadership, I would not send my child to this school. Not only is teacher morale at an all-time low, but it definitely reflects the acheivement of the students in the school.

Posted November 01, 2004
This used to be a terrific school, however, under it's new leadership - faculty moral has dwindled, turnover is at an all-time high, and student scores have suffered.

Middleton Valley Elementary School
4815 Dalton St, Temple Hills, MD  20748
Last modified Middleton Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6
Middleton Valley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top