Samuel Chase Elementary School

Public | PK-5

Posted August 20, 2013

I WENT TO ENROLL MY CHILD YESTERDAY AND WAS HORRIBLE I LEFT OUT AS FAST AS I CAME IN. PARENTS DONT DO IT.

Posted July 26, 2013

TIME FOR A CHANGE! OVERALL I HATE THIS SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL BOASTS OF HIGH TEST SCORES BUT HAVE BEEN TEACHING STUDENTS TO PASS THE TEST FOR YEARS WHILE ignoring other learning areas. I have dealt with this school many times through the years with different children. The lunch monitors will have the children outside in 34 weather without a coat. I was told if the parent did not send the child with a coat it is not the school's problem. No concern at all for a cold child with chattering teeth. The lunch monitors are mostly ghetto girls who seem to enjoy taking the children's recess from them for breathing too hard. The school is not very open to parent's visiting the classroom to observe. The teachers are under much pressure to get high scores for the schools and sadly, some children are lost in learning as a result. The school principal is very inflexible & uncaring. There are some good teachers there but the total experience has gotten worse with each year. They should get rid of the tyrant principal, the rude front office secretary & the lousy lunch monitors. The school needs fresh faces with positive attitudes.

Posted June 3, 2013

My daughter completed her first year (grade K) at this school and I will say that I'm pretty much pleased. She was early entrance admitted because of the date of her birthday (late Sept.). She did very well adjusting to kindergarten from a daycare center and she has matured in this past year. Her teacher was great and communicated well as far as if there were behavior problems or if my daughter was even slightly injured (i.e. during recess). It really helps if you can be involved and see what goes on at school and in the classroom. During parent/teacher conferences, her teacher was knowledgeable about my daughter's progress and behavior and she knew her students well, too. I would like for her to continue here. We are looking to move, but I am trying my hardest to find something in this area so I won't have to relocate her to a different school. I haven't had a lot of interaction with the principal, but she seems like a tough cookie and doesn't play with mediocrity from the students.

Posted November 26, 2012

I am student at samuel chase elementary school and its the best school ever.i am in 5th grade and i came from panorama elementary school this is my 2nd year and i just learned my multiplacation facts lat year with my awesome and matture teachers. I Samuel Chase Elementary School.

Posted May 12, 2011

I am so glad that I transferred my daughter to another school. Samuel Chase is the worst school. My daughter attended kindergarten there and she was the only one out of her class to not receive an award at the award assembly they held in 2010. How do you not give a 6 year old some type of award just to show a good job. My daughter and I lost a stepfather/grandfather and a uncle during that school year, so of course it would have been hard for both of us to focus. The teacher did not have an explanation as to why she could not give her a piece of paper with something on it. I attended the award assembly with the expectations that she was going to get something, if I knew that she wasn't I would not have attended so that she would not have been sad and disappointed and not understanding why she didn't get an award. The prinicipal was also very, very, very unprofessional, the only thing she could tell me was that "this is the real world." Yes this is the real world and it is sad to see people in the education field that are heartless. I am glad that my child does not attend this school anymore. They need a complete overhaul of their system, starting with the principal.

Posted October 20, 2010

First year here. Very rigorous reading and writing assignments. Wish they had more science activities. My son loves to experiment. But caring staff and Very organized principal.

Posted April 7, 2010

My son is the 5th grade this year. I would have to say that in my son's 3 years at this school I am overly pleased with the accomplishments that have been made. Of course he runs into some bumpy roads but who hasn't. As for the curriculum and the teaching of our students at Samuel Chase ....THE MSA SCORES SPEAK FOR ITSELF! Couldn't compare to any other elementary school in the area :) and if you are still in doubt...research it for yourselves.

Posted March 2, 2010

My son goes to Samuel Chase and it is the worse I have ever encountered. I have nothing great to say about this school at all. It is the worse school I have ever heard of and the staff is so immature.

Posted November 1, 2007

The best Public Elemetary School I have found. Where not child is left behind , regarles of their origin. Zuleida

Posted July 31, 2007

My children attend this school and it is a big disappointment. This school needs more funding, better teachers, and a better academic program. I have found that the school does not cover enough learning information during the course of the year and is poorly organized. Although a lot of importance is placed on the standard testing, the test scores results proves that this school is far behind. If you are searching for a schools with accelerated academic opportunities, I recommend either a private school or move to Montgomery County.

Posted September 20, 2005

My son attends this school. This being his second year. I have had nothing but great things to say about samuel chase. The teachers are great. One thing that I want to add is that I am glad to say the school finally got A/C this year.

Posted October 6, 2003

This school is in serious need of funding. The arts program is completly non-existant. The student teacher ratio is too high. There is not enough parent involvment in the school. Teachers should work to improve the relationship with their parents. There should also be more after-school activities for the children. This school would benefit from an highly active PSTA.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 72%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

5700 Fisher Rd