Thurmont Primary School 0

Posted September 15, 2008
School is very clean, all the staff are so helpful & so polite.

Posted August 25, 2008
Thurmont Primary has helped my children not only in education but also at home by sending home activites that help to expand and inhance any difficulties they have had with any subject.

Thurmont Primary School 2

Posted July 13, 2008
This school is new and beautiful, but below average as far as teaching the curriculum and meeting the needs of individual students. The staff is enthusiastic, but unable to support their instructional decisions. There is a good reading incentive program and special education and intervention services are provided. However, the interventions do not always match the child's needs. I have 2 children enrolled and needed a private tutor to teach them the curriculum they were missing from this schools 'own agenda.' I am thrilled my daughter will be a third grader, I have heard that the intermediate school is much better. Parent involvement is pathetic to say the least. The parents in this school do not support the teachers or school staff. As a former elementary teacher, that distrubs me.

Posted May 23, 2007
I have been blessed to have two of my four children attend Thurmont Primary, we have been nothing but satisfied. The staff is a great group of people. The academic programs are top notch,with programs for speech,reading and for children with special needs. The parent involvement in the school is awesome, people want to help because the love the school. Thurmont Primary is my main reasons for for never wanting to leave the Thurmont area.

Posted February 17, 2005
Thurmont Primary School (TPS) is new in the area. Only 4 years old, it is already over crowded. The teachers are enthusiastic and involved. My daughter's 1st grade teacher even came to her birthday party. Many of the teachers actually live in the Thurmont area. The teachers work closely with parents to guide children in both character and academics. A program to stop bullying, starting from pre-k and on up, is already having a positive influence on the community. My daughter read on 4th grade level in 1st grade, the staff found other students (2nd grade) that were working on this level and started a new reading group to accomidate her skill. My other daughter is poor in math. The teacher had her tutor pre-k students once a week, to help her practice basics and build her confidence. She is now above grade level. The principle and staff know each child.

Thurmont Primary School
7989 Rocky Ridge Rd, Thurmont, MD  21788
Last modified Thurmont Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Thurmont Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top