Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)

Thurmont Middle School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 12, 2016
I come home every week with about 6 classes worth of hw and by the time I get home I either have to do chores or sports I never have time for them Bc all I'm doing is hw. I also believe the teachers should explain the hw better Bc some teachers just give us the work and expect us to know how to do it.

Thurmont Middle School 4

Posted November 18, 2004
Such a great improvement from West Frederick Middle School where my daughter transfered from. My daughter has very high moral values and the students are well disciplined and act appropriately. The teachers are very respectful of the students and there appears to be strong teacher-student relationships. I would like to see more communication from the teachers and/or a way to contact the teachers through e-mail. The school website is very generic and not very informative compared to others in the district. Also, the school is having a problem with finding and keeping an 8th grade Algebra teacher and I'm concerned this is affecting my daughters academic level and she is not learning at the level the other schools are teaching. Overall I am very happy with the school because my daughter is very happy.

Thurmont Middle School
408 East Main St, Thurmont, MD  21788
Last modified Thurmont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.