Timonium Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2013
Timonium Elementary struggles with a lot of bullying issues! The principle is not helpful with bullying issues as she often supports the instigator and reprimands others, including concerned parents, making various exscuses! It's really unfair and she is acting like the "Head Bully!"

Timonium Elementary School 2

Posted January 06, 2013
Timonium is a great school if you are looking for a mediocre education. There is absolutely no creative teaching done at this school. Every assignment is done on a photocopy. That is courtesy of the great parent involvement. All parents are expected to come in and photocopy for the teachers. Bullying runs rampant in this school. I know bullying exists every where but here the principal actually makes excuses for the instigator! The principal actually thinks that she does not need to follow county guidelines on many issues and implements her own. If your child has a learning difference this is also not the school for you. This school is focused on it's GT program not on remediating any student that is double exceptional, dyslexic, dysgraphic, dyscalculia, ADD, ADHD, slow processing speed, low executive function etc. My advice is if you have a child with any type of need and are looking to move into the district and don't want to spend hundreds a month on tutoring don't move where you would be zoned for this school.

Posted February 07, 2012
We couldn't be happier with this school. My child transferred from a local parochial school at a non-traditional time of year. The kids and teachers were very welcoming. The curriculum is challenging and engaging, and not just for the "GT" set. In third grade, all the kids do an Economics Unit where they make a product, market it through posters in the school, sell it, and vote on a charity to receive any profits. Very hands-on. Currently my child is earnestly telling me about different jump-rope tricks to be mastered, taught in school during Phys Ed. My child needed Gifted and Talented which means that for Math and Reading, the kids do 4th grade work starting in the spring of 3rd grade. This is exactly what I was looking for-- to be with kids the same age, but doing more demanding work. The way it is structured in Reading makes it pretty easy to see if your kid is ready to move up or needs to take it slower-- also something I wanted. Different levels, b/c kids are learning at different levels, whether they are offered or not. A little shout-out to Miss Gloria, who doesn't teach my child, but made sure my kid felt welcomed when new at the school.

Posted June 27, 2011
Absolutely the best school in the county. I have never seen a teacher let a child slide. Each teacher I have dealt with has been very receptive to feedback and I feel that they all genuinely love teaching and love having successful students. The parent and community involvement is incredible. The children are well-behaved and love going to school. I don't know why people pay for private school in this area. Our kids consistently win county and state-level awards for science and art. Our MSA's are always in the high 90th percentile. You can't do better than this. Bravo to Timonium's teachers, parents and community.

Posted June 13, 2011
Great school. I attended Timonium myself, and had a wonderful experience. The teachers were friendly and engaging, and the class size was perfect.

Posted September 21, 2009
Timonium elementary is a great school least of all for it's impressive test scores, and most of all for its wonderful teachers, parents and their commitment to cooperation and excellence. It is truly a community based school!

Timonium Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
Timonium Elementary is a great place to children to learn in a comfortable, loving and safe environment.

Timonium Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
love the school, the teachers and for that matter all the staff are caring, supporative and go beyond the call of duty!!!! my kids love getting up and going to school!!!

Posted September 21, 2009
Timonium has wonderful teachers and is a loving, safe, and nurturing environment for our kids to learn. They create new and fun activities to encourage our kids to learn in unique ways. And they support traditions that have been well loved over the years. My kids love to go to school and have made fast friends and are getting a good basis to which to grow into responsible young people!

Posted July 25, 2009

Timonium Elementary School
2001 Eastridge Rd, Timonium, MD  21093
Last modified Timonium Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timonium Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top