No rating

Immaculate Conception School

Private | PK-8

Living in Towson

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $349,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted April 14, 2010

I too took my child out of ICS last year, very concerned with the way it was being run. Far too much teacher turn over and drama. This has not always been the case, I had two other chilldren that went there, as many catholic school, it has gone way down in the past couple years! Most other privates (and public) in the area have more servies, more resources and better programs, do your research!

Posted April 8, 2010

I am very disappointed with the academics at ICS. The school is run by the parents who are wealthy Towson-types who know little of education. Admin is weak and does not support a strong academic program. Kids do well if they have educated parents. Towson folks would do better sending kids to the local schools.

Posted February 22, 2010

To clarify.... Parent of previous post was not referring to 5 or 6 years ago - it was a recent review of the school to let other parents be aware of why we made the switch from ICS to another private school with our children.

Posted February 1, 2010

Enrollment has dropped significantly over the past years I sent my child there and feel that it is an unsatisfactory school - we have now moved onto another private school and wished we had made the switch earlier from Immaculate.

Posted November 7, 2008

The only social interaction this school offers is cliques. No daily school spirit is allowed, only when it is dictated by the administration. There spirits are squelched! Enrollment has dropped significantly over the past years, At least 10 teachers leave each year or before the end of the school year. S was NOT rated the best in the archdiocese, It was rated Baltimore's Best Schools the 1980's, They have a discusting rodent problem. Gorified babysitting!

Posted October 31, 2008

We love Immaculate Conception School and its administration. I have two children at ICS and one who just graduated and I graduated from ICS myself. My children are receiving an excellent education in a caring environment, where they are treated with respect and taught to treat others the same way. Just walking in the building, you feel the sense of community. I would recommend ICS to anyone.

Posted October 30, 2008

I have been a parent of ICS for 14 years and have never been happier with the school. Although my older son experienced issues with bullying in the middle school (which unfortunately is a problem in most middle schools nationwide), the administration and middle school teachers have gone over and above my expections to address these issues. I currently have a child in the middle school who not only is excelling academically but socially as well. I have and will continue to recommend ICS to other parents who are interested in providing a structured and academically challenging education for their children with the benefit of providing strong christian values.

Posted October 30, 2008

Immaculate Conception is one of the best Catholic schools in the Archdiocese. The acting principal has done a wonderful job in raising expectations for students as well as faculty. I had 2 sons who went through the school and would highly recommend it for preparation for any high school in the area.

Posted October 30, 2008

ICS is a loving and nurturing school that provides all of the essentials for a child to receive an outstanding education. The teachers are wonderful and delight in seeing the children learning and growing. I can't think of a finer place to have children enrolled from pre-K thru 8th grade.

Posted April 29, 2008

I have two sons in 1st Grade and pre-K and have been quite pleased with their progress. My 1st-grader is challenged and has excelled academically, physically, socially and especially morally. ICS has a well-structured environment that promotes discipline and intellectual growth. The campus infrastructure is modest and has room for improvement but this school reminds us that it is not the building that matters but the quality of what goes on in the building. My wife and I are both educated at the graduate level and feel confident that this school will help us bring our two sons through their own paces too as we attend to their own quality education.

Posted January 16, 2007

Mostly good kids, but discipline is non-existant. It seems like the problem is school wide, and teachers don't have the tools they need to discipline students.

Posted December 9, 2006

The teachers teach us a great cirreculeam,that does prepare us for high school.But there isn't alot of disipline.It is a fun place to be where you can feel welcome and like you are at home.But there are some problems.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 28, 2005

School is in kind of a down slide right now! Lower enrollment has made for some programs to be dropped! Teacher are nice and do a good job! Leadership at the school and the leadership from the church not working together very well! Not good about letting the parents know whats going on! I would give the school an over all grade of a c+

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Baltimore

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

112 Ware Avenue