PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

I have had my children at Immaculate Conception School since they were in PreK and have had a great experience. My children are not the "cookie cutter" type of kids and ICS has always been able to meet our expectations. As a volunteer I have been able to work closely with teaches and staff and have been impressed. The curriculum can be challenging at times but that is what I want for my kids: to be challenged in loving and nurturing environment. That is what you find at ICS.

We have been very happy with ICS. Three children have gone from kindergarten or preschool through (current) middle schooler. We have had an great experience . The academics are rigorous. I was just talking to a high school teacher at an independent private school and she stated the ICS students that come to them in high school are strong students overall and have great mathematical skills. Almost all the teachers that my children have had were been great. We did have a bad experience one year with a teacher and we brought it to the attention of the administration. Students, parents, teachers, etc. are not always going to be a perfect fit but that is actually how “real life” works. That is actually another lesson for how we and our children need learn to deal with different personalities. In reading some prior reviews, some stated that only wealthy family get attention from the administration—Well that is not true. What is true is, Towson and ICS do have many wealthy families but your experience at ICS (or any school for that matter) is all in what you put into the experience. We are a middle class family but we try to get involved at school activities to make ourselves known and to enrich our family's experience at our children's school. We will continue to educate our children at ICS while they learn about God, discipline, math and everything in between.

We have three children at this school and we have felt our children have benefited the most from the religious foundation and positive behavioral system the school has in place for the students. We feel God is one of the most important parts in our children's lives and having that be a part of their moral foundation in their formidable years is even more important. They have had truly wonderful teachers who really care about their education and becoming the best they can be. Our children feel cared for and come home happy from school because they are in a positive learning environment. As a parent it is your responsibility to pick the best education for your child but also realize it is still your role to continue at home supporting the positive ideals you see your children getting in the school you chose for them. The more active role you take in your children's schooling the more benefit you get from knowing their teachers, to understanding the schools values, to becoming a true part of their entire learning experience. We are a mixed race family and have never felt anything but respect from the faculty and confidence in knowing we chose the right school for our children.

Worst experience ever. Huge relief upon leaving the school. While in the school my child often complained about feeling bullied by the staff. Moreover, I felt bullied by the staff, and I'm the parent! I went over the principal's head multiple times to complain about issues. My child is now in public school, and so happy. They offer more choice and flexibility, so they were able to tailor the schedule according to my child's interests. After my child started the public school, a teacher actually phoned me and gave me her cell phone number. She didn't want my child to fall behind in an assignment, and told me I could text her anytime during a long weekend with questions. Talk about dedication! This is what a parent likes to see. In my opinion, the time we spent at ICS was a complete WASTE of our time and money.

Our child has attended ICS since Pre-K. We can honestly say as parents, that this is the best decision we have made for our child. He is thriving, loves school, and has made wonderful friends. ICS is truly our extended "family." The teachers and staff have been outstanding. The education he is receiving is phenomenal, the results are palpable. Moreover, there is a wonderful balance of a nurturing environment which also encourages age-appropriate independence. As parents, we did not lightly make our decision as to where our son would attend school. We spent countless hours discussing our options, sleepless nights worrying if our decision was the correct one - and the best fit - for our son, and had tremendous anxiety the first few weeks of school. These feelings quickly diminished. Each and every time we drop our child off to school, there is no anxiety, no concern, no fear or reservation; rather, there is comfort knowing that we are leaving our child in the loving and capable hands of the educational and support staff that comprise ICS. How can we confidently say this? Because we witness the love, the support, the intelligence and integrity of ICS through our child. We witness the smile he has when he is dropped off to school and picked up each day. We hear the excitement in his voice when he discusses his day, his teachers, his classes and projects. We feel how proud he is of his school, his successes, his education. We are so very thankful that we are a part of the ICS community.

Horrible. My child was ridiculed for their race and nothing was done about it! Ridiculous. And they academics did not prepare my child for high school, at all! And all of these "5 star reviews" are posted on the same day and the next day after that. Corruption or what?! They are managing their own reviews because they even know how bad it is. What immature and disgusting behavior for a "blue ribbon school". I guess the blue ribbon standard has dropped to sewage!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Only will listen to parent's concerns if they are kiss ups to the administration. I have experience this first hand

The administration, led by the principal Mrs. Meaney, bullies children. The principal punishes children based on rumors, and doesn't bother to waste any time discovering the true facts. Children are punished for having long hair as much as for cheating and cursing.....very warped priorities!

After reading these "five-star" reviews, we also agree they're suspicious. The bottom line is that the school has a very spotted history. Catholic discipline, you ask? Chronic behavior problems are let go for years. That means nice kids get hassled and mean kids go on being mean. Most of the problems start at the top, with the Principal (Ms. Meaney) being one of the largest problems. She betrays confidences and uses them against you. She openly gossips about parents and students she disapproves of. She treats many of her teachers with disrespect and openly scorns some of them. Overall, not a healthy environment for a child, we would recommend going elsewhere.

This school does not deserve a 4 star rating or 5 star rating! I am a former student now at a new school and this school did not prepare at all! The 5 star comments you see are made by the 36 moms and principal. The 37 of them 'stalk' survey our children 24/7 they are not let a private life. Steer clear from this school!

Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8