PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 30, 2016
Worst experience ever. Huge relief upon leaving the school. While in the school my child often complained about feeling bullied by the staff. Moreover, I felt bullied by the staff, and I'm the parent! I went over the principal's head multiple times to complain about issues. My child is now in public school, and so happy. They offer more choice and flexibility, so they were able to tailor the schedule according to my child's interests. After my child started the public school, a teacher actually phoned me and gave me her cell phone number. She didn't want my child to fall behind in an assignment, and told me I could text her anytime during a long weekend with questions. Talk about dedication! This is what a parent likes to see. In my opinion, the time we spent at ICS was a complete WASTE of our time and money.

Posted December 11, 2015
Our child has attended ICS since Pre-K. We can honestly say as parents, that this is the best decision we have made for our child. He is thriving, loves school, and has made wonderful friends. ICS is truly our extended "family." The teachers and staff have been outstanding. The education he is receiving is phenomenal, the results are palpable. Moreover, there is a wonderful balance of a nurturing environment which also encourages age-appropriate independence. As parents, we did not lightly make our decision as to where our son would attend school. We spent countless hours discussing our options, sleepless nights worrying if our decision was the correct one - and the best fit - for our son, and had tremendous anxiety the first few weeks of school. These feelings quickly diminished. Each and every time we drop our child off to school, there is no anxiety, no concern, no fear or reservation; rather, there is comfort knowing that we are leaving our child in the loving and capable hands of the educational and support staff that comprise ICS. How can we confidently say this? Because we witness the love, the support, the intelligence and integrity of ICS through our child. We witness the smile he has when he is dropped off to school and picked up each day. We hear the excitement in his voice when he discusses his day, his teachers, his classes and projects. We feel how proud he is of his school, his successes, his education. We are so very thankful that we are a part of the ICS community.

Posted December 03, 2015
Horrible. My child was ridiculed for their race and nothing was done about it! Ridiculous. And they academics did not prepare my child for high school, at all! And all of these "5 star reviews" are posted on the same day and the next day after that. Corruption or what?! They are managing their own reviews because they even know how bad it is. What immature and disgusting behavior for a "blue ribbon school". I guess the blue ribbon standard has dropped to sewage!

Immaculate Conception School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 03, 2015
Only will listen to parent's concerns if they are kiss ups to the administration. I have experience this first hand

Posted August 31, 2015
The administration, led by the principal Mrs. Meaney, bullies children. The principal punishes children based on rumors, and doesn't bother to waste any time discovering the true facts. Children are punished for having long hair as much as for cheating and cursing.....very warped priorities!

Posted January 07, 2015
After reading these "five-star" reviews, we also agree they're suspicious. The bottom line is that the school has a very spotted history. Catholic discipline, you ask? Chronic behavior problems are let go for years. That means nice kids get hassled and mean kids go on being mean. Most of the problems start at the top, with the Principal (Ms. Meaney) being one of the largest problems. She betrays confidences and uses them against you. She openly gossips about parents and students she disapproves of. She treats many of her teachers with disrespect and openly scorns some of them. Overall, not a healthy environment for a child, we would recommend going elsewhere.

Posted August 17, 2014
This school does not deserve a 4 star rating or 5 star rating! I am a former student now at a new school and this school did not prepare at all! The 5 star comments you see are made by the 36 moms and principal. The 37 of them 'stalk' survey our children 24/7 they are not let a private life. Steer clear from this school!

Immaculate Conception School 2

Posted May 08, 2014
We had two children attend ICS, and for the most part they received a good education. They are doing extremely well in their high school career, but this is in no small part to the fact that they were smart, self-starters to begin with. Unfortunately, we must agree with reviewers that refer to cliques, and not just student cliques parental cliques are equally apparent here, and if you are not in , well then, you are not in ! We hate ourselves for saying this, but, we also must agree that attention is usually afforded to wealthier families. As parents we have endeavored to now send our children to a high school with a different value system private, catholic, but one that values all children! We went to great lengths to avoid schools towards which we were pretty certain ICS students would likely attend (and judging by reviews, it would seem that the problem followed the students). We were absolutely intrigued by the number of 5 star reviews that quite suddenly appeared on the ICS Great School review page, though, when we see that most (if not all) of them were submitted on or around the same date, we can only conclude that these great reviews are nothing less than contrived.

Posted March 26, 2014
My daughter has been in Immaculate Conception since Kindergarten. I have been nothing but impressed with the school curriculum, spirit, parents and faculty. My daughter will be finishing up next year to reach the 9 year club and is proud of attaining that level with Immaculate. I have also been involved with committees, sports and other extra events. I have and will continue to cherish those memories knowing my daughter got a great spiritual and academic education.

Posted March 26, 2014
All 5 of my children have attended Immaculate Conception school. My youngest are in the 4th grade there and I can't say enought about the school. It is a warm welcoming environment that values kindness to others as well as instilling good morals and values in the students. The academics are rigorous and the teachers are more than happy to offer extra help when needed. There is a tremendous amount of parent involvement in the school. There are many after school activities offered including band, clubs, sports activities such as cross country and track and field as well as performing arts such as the spring musical as well as other theater programs. It has been and continues to be a wonderful academic and enriching environment for my children. The value of the education at Immaculate Conception when when comparing academics and atmosphere to other schools in the area make it an easy choice. It is very much worth your consideration.

Immaculate Conception School
112 Ware Avenue, Towson, MD  21204
Last modified Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Conception School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 80 reviews. Top