Towson, MD

Baltimore Middle & Upper School 1

Posted June 18, 2014
l am a very concern grandfather an I just found out that my grandson is being made fun at the school. This Is His first year here and I had hope things Like this you would not see. It seems that there is female student doing it. Now school is out , but is the time to stop this kind of treatment. We send our children there to get an education. Everyday we hear about children coming school and just exploding and I don't want to see this going any further. What is this school really teaching if you have this type of behavior going on. You can bet the first day back to school I will there to address this issue and get some answers as to just what the school tends to do about it

Posted May 09, 2014
My son is preparing to graduate from BLS 2014. He has had the most wonderful experience all four years! Baltimore Lutheran curriculum has prepared him for college. The students at BLS are respectful and generally kind and this says a lot in todays society. The sports teams don't always win every game but every child is encouraged to participate and will get the high school athletic experience some may not have received had they gone to a larger school. Baltimore Lutheran School has been a blessing to my family. We will continue to support their missions in the years to come.

Posted October 23, 2012
Both of my children graduated from Baltimore Lutheran School within the past 5 years. My oldest child received a full scholarship to college and my youngest was accepted into the honors program with an academic scholarship, and was also accepted into an elite computer science group which is now working on a presentation for the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C. I am thrilled with the education that was provided by Baltimore Lutheran School, I love how the spiritual teachings joined with our home and our church in helping them grow in their faith journey, and I love the family atmosphere and support that we experienced throughout the years. We are still active with the Baltimore Lutheran School Alumni Association, and we will forever be proud to be called Baltimore Lutheran School Saints.

Posted May 27, 2012
My son was a transfer student from a highly rated public school. We needed to make a change for social and academic reasons. BLS offers students of all academic levels the opportunity to excel. The teachers are qualified and choose to teach in a supportive and caring environment. From an activities perspective, the eliticism found in many public schools is absent. If you have an interest there is a place for you. More importantly we have found the student body to be amazing. These are kids with character and tolerance who welcomed my junior who felt at home from his first visit on a shadow day. He has grown immensely because of the kind community. In this supportive environment he has stepped up to the high academic expectations. BLS also offers plenty of opportunities for parental involvement. If you are considering Baltimore Lutheran School ask for a parent reference and you will learn first hand how this environment helps kids flourish.

Posted January 31, 2012
BLS is a fantastic school! Qualified, caring teachers. A wonderful Christian environment with an outstanding academic program. Many opportunities for extracurricular activities.

Baltimore Middle & Upper School 4

Posted July 08, 2009
I have two daughters at BLS - one in middle the other in high. Both girls are very happy socially and doing well academically despite the challenging academics. We LOVE the culture at Lutheran - small school that is very focused on Christian values. They do not tolerate bullying and ugly behaviors that tend to surface with teenagers. They do much with the students despite the challenging economic times. My only criticism is that the school needs to enlist and encourage greater support and participation from parents and alumni as well as volunteers willing to assist the school in any way possible. Regardless, I do see BLS evolving in a positive way. I hope to award them 5 stars in the year(s) to come!

Posted March 03, 2009
I currently have a child in the high school and a child in the middle school at BLS. My children are very different in the educational styles -- one needs assistance and one is an honor student. I feel very strongly that both students are getting exactly what they need educationally. The class sizes are small and that serves my students well! The staff is available for parents and students alike. The school is focused on it's mission statement and Christian values are the utmost.

Baltimore Middle & Upper School 3

Posted February 24, 2009
From a parents standpoint, this school could be much better. I would love it if they would survey the families for input like other schools. To me, this shows a lack of regard for our opinions as a customers. Areas that need improvement are athletics and teacher websites/Edline.

Baltimore Middle & Upper School 2

Posted February 07, 2009
I have a middle school boy with mild learning disabilities. He is in the STAR program. We find that program to be lacking in its willingness to provide timely information to the student and parent regarding tests and homework. The school also has the wonderful EDLINE system - however hardly anyone uses it and in fact we've been told by some teachers that they refuse to use it. Athletic offerings for the middle school are difficult to get into unless you are an outstanding athlete. Also there are no A & B teams like most of the schools we play have even though parents have offered to coach. Communication between the administration and the families is sorely lacking and often results in much confusion. Questions to the administration seem to be unwanted. Social functions are minimal and do not compare to other local private school functions. Arts are minimal.

Posted August 02, 2008
I'm a class of 2007 alumni, and I absolutely love BLS in retrospect. While it may not always have been perfect while I was there, I was shocked at how far ahead of other students I was when I began college. The values (both religious and academic) made the transition to the college academic world much smoother than it was for my public-school-educated peers. Classes that others found difficult I breezed through, thanks to what I was forced to learn during high school. Most of the teachers are wonderful. All are very unique, and often fun, characters. The school has always felt very safe to me, and (serious) rules are always stictly enforced. Illegal and inexcusable behavior will result in suspension or expulsion (I count at least 6 class members expelled though all four years), as will terminally failing grades, so irresponsible or dangerous behavior are seldom found on campus without punishment.

Baltimore Middle & Upper School
1145 Concordia Drive, Towson, MD  21286
Last modified Baltimore Middle & Upper School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Baltimore Middle & Upper School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top