Towson, MD

Posted April 29, 2014
I considerate it an honor to attend such a highly rated school in the areas of the Arts and academics. I wish everyone could attend a school like this for their high school experience.

Posted October 22, 2013
This is an exceptional school. Being part of the Carver culture is truley an honor. I didn't mind going to school because I was attending Carver. The teachers are understanding and want to help you so that you can be successful. Respect is something the principal and all the faculty stress since day one. The students are motivated to excel not only in their individual prime but also in all academic subjects. I suggest everyone to try to attend this school.

Posted September 17, 2013
Carver Center is a great school. Its prime programs are exceptional. My son is excited to be led into the world of programming. He has learned VB, C++ and Java now, and he has determined to develop his own computer games. He has learned to build his own 3D trains and tanks that can be added into those famous simulation games. I was extremely surprised when I saw my son's train running on Microsoft's simulation railway.

Posted September 10, 2013
This is a great school. My daughter transferred from a magnet school and she continued on in their visual arts program. They taught her very well at CCAT. She has developed her skills and is now making money while in college by selling her artwork and face painting. The teachers are very knowledgeable and they push the students to do their best.

George W. Carver Center For Arts & Technology 3

Posted July 05, 2013
When I got my acceptance letter to Carver I was thrilled and glad to be part of Carver's culture. After a couple weeks I realized how much I hated that school. The primes are exceptional but the academics suck. I took two ap classes and got horrible scores due to my teachers who had no idea what was going on. I personally wouldn't recommend going to this school.

Posted September 12, 2012
Diverse enrollment, where everyone is respected for their own gifts and God given talents. Middle school was so difficult emotionally. It is nice to see a school that just doesn't talk about respect but walks the walk! It truly is the content of character that counts. Principal Steele and Assistant Principal Ms. Davis set high standards for the kids and they do rise to meet the challenge. Of course the new building makes us feel like we are not only the best students but confirm we are in the best school possible for my daughter.

Posted June 07, 2011
The art department is wonderful. The art curriculum is demanding, but student growth is observable throughout four years. Parents ask me all the time how I find the "academic" side of Carver. My observation is that if a subject is inherently connected to a prime (like English is to the Creative Writing magnet), the teachers are strong. The weakest department--in my experience--is math. My child did not have every math teacher in the school, but s/he had four. One of the four was halfway decent. The math department needs an overhaul. They are losing one of their best science teachers this year because of the budget, but almost all of my child's science teachers were decent. The foreign language department is disappointing if your child comes from Sudbrook Magnet Middle School, where the program is sensational. Incoming 9th graders should find a niche quickly and attend events at the school, as the "community" is school-based with everyone living in different communities.

Posted May 07, 2011
Students at Carver Center are busy on their primes in addition to their excellent academics, but they seem to handle it well. Many Carver graduates attribute their ability of smooth transition to college life to the busy life at Carver. Carver parents are passionate and very involving in all aspects of school activities. One great representation is the annual Carver Celebration, a great event worth visiting by anyone. I haven't seen any other parents are so willing to donate their time, effort, money to their school. They wouldn't send their kids to any other school after experiencing the Carver life.

Posted May 11, 2010

Posted February 11, 2010
Because of Carver's magnet program, the students actually want to be at school, creating an extremely positive learning environment. This environment also builds self of steam and helps each student to become their own individual. I am so happy to have carver center as my high school experience. it has been wonderful.

George W. Carver Center For Arts & Technology
938 York Rd, Towson, MD  21204
Last modified George W. Carver Center For Arts & Technology is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George W. Carver Center For Arts & Technology Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top