Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

At first, I wasn't sure I wanted to send my child to this school because I had heard that it was a Title I school. After our first week in Kindergarten, we knew we had made the right choice with Pleasant Plains! Title I means that the school gets more funding and resources than non-Title I schools. The teachers and administrative staff are all excellent. My child has made many new friends among his classmates. There are so many involved parents at PPES; many of my child's classmates' parents volunteer in the classroom. We appreciate the supportive Parent Service Coordinator. There are lots of clubs and programs to participate in, like the LEGO Club and Robotics Club. PPES is a Green School, and there is a school garden being established. The school is also going to pilot a Spanish language immersion program for fourth graders next year. Now that the school year is coming to a close, I reflect on our first year at PPES. It has been a year of many positive changes in my child's life. He has learned so much so quickly. We look forward to next year and several more years of great education at PPES.

This is a fantastic school. Great technology. Great teachers. A great location. The school has improved dramatically in the last few years.

At first I was hesitant to send my daughter here because of the unfair comments I heard from people. My daughter just finished 1st grade and I couldn't be happier with our decision to send her here. We have another child who went through one of the "rigorous" Towson elementary schools and we see no difference between PPES in terms of a quality education. In fact the biggest difference that gives PPES the edge is the racial and socio economic diversity. That is hard to come by in this area because many schools are hyper segregated. Long story short excellent teachers, administration and education.

As my oldest is wrapping up their first year at Pleasant Plains, I can honestly say that this is a wonderful school. The teachers and administration are positive, caring and responsive to all children and their families. As the school year closes, I could not be more proud of what my child acheived! An excellent student thanks to the teachers and staff at PPES!!

We are currently wrapping up 15 years as Pleasant Plains parents. All 3 of our children spent all of their elementary years here. It has been a great experience. My 3 kids have different learning abilities and all 3 were challenged whether they were GT or needed extra help. The faculty are exceptional and very willing to help with whatever we need. The older 2 were very prepared for middle school and I fully expect the 3rd is, too! I started off as a very involved parent but as the older kids moved on I became less involved with events at PPES but that didn't mean I didn't know what was happening there. The school does a very good job of getting the word out as to everything that is going on and all of the special events. It's a great neighborhood school and I'm thankful for the last 15 years there!

As a past student of Pleasant Plains, I was excited to have my children attend the same elementary school that I did. My son had a successful K - 5 experience, and my daughter is wrapping up fourth grade this year. The teachers are dedicated, caring and talented. Some of the faculty and staff even live in the surrounding neighborhoods! The principal is a strong leader who wants the best for every student in her school. Safety and academic success are her top priorities. This is obvious from the moment that you meet her. Families who live within the boundary for Pleasant Plains are fortunate to have such an excellent community school.

When it came time to enroll my oldest in kindergarten I was nervous about sending him to Pleasant Plains simply because of things I had heard from neighbors, the Title 1 status etc. I could not have been more wrong. In the 2 years that we have been at PPES I have continued to be impressed with the quality of the education, administration and the teachers. I have also learned all the benefits of having a child attend a Title 1 school- students have access to technology and experiences that would not be possible without the federal funding. If you are considering moving to the area or already live here and are thinking about school please take a tour, talk to some other parents and know that your kids will thrive here!

I initially wanted my son to attend another elementary school but I have to admit that I have been very happy with PPES. The academics are great and challenging, the teachers are good and the principal is friendly, thorough and approachable. I suggest you tour the school to see for yourself if you are considering this school.

My son attended this school and it was a very good school. However, he is now at Saint James Academy, which I think fits his academic needs in an exceptional way!

I loved this school when I was in elementary and I still love it now.... even though Im in high school going to college I still love this school.

Last modified Pleasant Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.