Riderwood Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted July 9, 2013

This school is amazing! My son transferred from a school in Phoenix, AZ to Riderwood Elementary in the middle of the school year. I can not begin to express my appreciation for such a caring staff and fellow students. His teacher especially. If we did not have to move back to Phoenix, he would still be there. He misses it very much and so do I. This school was defintely a breath of fresh air. Thank you Riderwood! We loved everything about this school.

Posted March 22, 2013

I graduated from Riderwood in 2004 and have been back to visit a few times since then. I absolutely loved my time at Riderwood. The teachers and student were great, the program was excellent, the parents were, as far as I remember, very involved. I matriculated into an excellent private school in sixth grade and was placed in the advanced program, and even then the adjustment was smooth. Now I am a student at an Ivy League school. Of course I remember my experiences at Riderwood with the fondness and nostalgia that time brings, but I know that my later success definitely had something to do with the great experience I had at Riderwood.

Posted August 8, 2011

My son has only had one year at the school. His teacher was great. The education seems very strong, and the children seem very sweet and curious. Like any place, some teachers will be great, others less so. We've only had one, so hard to give a really good overview. If i could change one thing it would be the school not sending hone advertisements and promoting private clubs and local banks through the children. That seems like foul play in my opinion.

Posted July 12, 2010

Assistant Principal needs some skills in kindness and understanding special needs children! I'm hoping this school will update their website and will look at technology for our kids future. They need to integrate an I lab into their curriculum.

Posted January 25, 2010

Principal and Asst.Principal need to take Classes for, What is Special Need Children and What is their Job to protect them and Teach them.

Posted October 20, 2009

The teachers, special educators, administrators, staff...they are all top notch and really care about our students! I am a HUGE fan of this amazing school!!!

Posted September 22, 2009

All I can say is when my children get off the bus each day, they have huge smiles on their faces...enough said!

Posted September 21, 2009

This is our first year at Riderwood Elementary and they warmly welcomed us. The teachers were eager to meet us and have made our children feel very comfortable with the transition!! I couldn't have asked for a better school!!

Posted September 21, 2009

Riderwood has the best, most prepared and caring teachers in our county. They are always helping our children grow in so many ways.

Posted September 18, 2009

Everyone at Riderwood is a hard worker, from the administration to the faculty and staff to the families to the all-important student. And, when everyone makes their best effort, absolutely wonderful learning takes place!

Posted September 18, 2009

I love our school because we have a strong community connection. Everyone works together to build a strong foundation of learning.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 18, 2009

I just moved to the area and this is our first year at Riderwood, but I am already amazed at the enthusiasm of the staff, principal and parents. My children adjusted quickly and love attending each day.

Posted September 18, 2009

The teachers have so much talent, spirit and energy. It is a safe, nurturing and caring environment that I am happy to send my children to every day.

Posted September 18, 2009

Our school attracts caring and motivated professionals who go above and beyond their job descriptions in orer to create a positive learning environment for every child. The parents are the most dedicated volunteer corps one can imagine. We all work together as a community to ensure each child has the best educational experience possible. Quite simply, we rock.

Posted September 18, 2009

I couldn't be happier with Riderwood because the teachers are absolutely wonderful! Everyone is willing to listen to parent suggestions and follow through with them to better the school.

Posted September 18, 2009

the faculty is tremendous and the kids are the best!

Posted September 18, 2009

Riderwood Elementary School has it all - dedicated teachers, great administration, involved parents and fabulous students! One indicator of how great the school is is how long many of the teachers have been there. Some are even teaching the children of former students! Also, parents move into the district just to go to the school. They must be doing something right!

Posted September 16, 2009

All around, Riderwood is fabulous. The community is close knit, the school is clean, and the student's scores and enthusiasm are top rate!

Posted February 26, 2008

support staff and teachers are dedicated; children are blooming within a wonderful learning environment.

Posted August 6, 2007

Not only have I been thrilled with the faculty, the parents are very involved which is a huge plus. Their is great communication and I feel my children are well cared for. It is so nice to live in a community with a great school. We have a great neighborhood which also makes our school a great place to be.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 5%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1711 Landrake Rd