Bad
Good

I love the polite staff and nice policies, but somethings are missing here or I think so as a parent! One of the most important issues for us is the safety of our children. My daughter couldn't get the bus facility because our home was not in the acceptable range. I am wondering how I should have a good time when my child coming back home sometimes in the dark and cold nights because we have just one car which should be unfortunately in the service of my husband already! on the other hand,Today the car was broken and my daughter left home late (may be 07:35) . Now It is 10:15 and neither an e-mail nor a phone call alert from school !! Last week there was a missing girl on the way to Perryhall Middle school and who knows?! it could be happen anytime, anywhere !!( I know My daughter is a freshman and I am a worried mom and everything is new for us but isn't it better to change the ways before it's late ? . You don't see even a word about safety on the school official site !!

Towson High School has a superb Music Department with great involvement from the teachers and music boosters group. However, the excitement and fervor generated there does not carry over into other departments and in fact some teachers would encourage your child not to continue taking certain subjects rather than try to motivate or help that child succeed.

I am very disappointed in Towson High School. I am sure it's a great school for kids that are self motivated, high performing and know what they want to do but if your child has special needs you might think about looking at other school.

Towson High School has great academics and has some great teachers. If your child is high functioning asberger's or needs to be motivated or have their hand held or pushed a little you may want to consider another school. The guidance department is totally unsupportive and don't return phone calls and no one will seek your child out to try and motivate them. It is all on the child to seek assistance and if they don't realize or understand or aren't motivated they will slip through the cracks. No one in this school is going to try to bring your child along even if they have a 504 plan. Perhaps offering organizational after school programs or study skills programs for some kids would be helpful.

An alumni of Towson, past school president, class officer, and model student, I can say that Towson has served me well as a resourceful and accessible institution. Positives: excellent AP class selection, extensively involved math department, many student leadership opportunities. Cons: not an extremely competitive atmosphere, some teachers with horrible grading policies, unreliable guidance department, overly bureaucratic administration (no senior superlatives, no MVP award, no "nerd day"... it might offend the nerds). In sum, with Towson it is unlikely that you will get in Harvard or MIT unless you are superbly self-motivated. If you want something along the lines of an enjoyable high school experience and making it into the state university, Towson is right for you.

As a parent, I could have sent my child to a private school. I am really glad we stayed with Towson. Excellent experience, my kid will have choice of top colleges. Teachers care, kids are involved if they want to be involved. Outstanding curriculum and variety of extra curricular activities that could never be matched in the private school environment. Oh, did I mention we probably saved $80,000 by staying with a public school. You get out what you put in.

Towson High is one of the best public schools in the country. It also is a very historic school.

As an alum c/o 2004, I found this school to be pretty good. The academics and teachers are really good. Sports are off and on but usually everyone does ok. There are some bad students in this school, but the good ones tend to far outnumber this statistic. Very proud to call myself a General.

I have mixed feelings about Towson High. It is very big which to some is a downfall but it can also allow one to have many friends in different social groups. While at Towson, I involved myself in the creative writing and arts programs, both of which were exceptional! Also, I took some AP classes my junior year and all AP classes my senoir year which allowed me to feel well prepared for college.

There are a lot of good private schools in the same area as Towson high, but as a student, when I compare the quality of education between students at Towson and my friends that go to private schools, its the same education. The staff is dedicated and the teachers really want the kids to learn. I've never really been that school spirited but I do hold a sense of pride for my school. I know I do better here than I have done at other high schools, and if you're a parent in the Towson area deciding between private and public school for your kid, I would recommend this high school. The LPP program provides more options as far as classes and scholarships go even for students not in the program. Plus the art department is internationally recognized and competes with other high schools that are art magnet.

Last modified Towson High Law & Public Policy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.