Bad
Good

Largo High School is not for the weak hearted. I am an alumni student and my 4 years at the school were exactly what the rumors confirmed. By the grace of God I made it out of that forsaken territory. With the help of self determination, select counselors, peers, teachers, and administration who really cared; I was able to make it out on time (C/O 2013). The setting is filled with troubled youth trying any and everything to find a way to be socially accepted, minus the kids that actually want to become something in life. It was definitely a wake up call for me, as I sometimes found myself caught up in the fun and excitement of "High School", which was easy to do because of the laissez-faire attitude portrayed by the staff. Definitely not the worst school, but far from the best. Not to mention the school building is as old as sin lol. However, The bonds made inside the school are unbreakable. I actually learned more from attending than actually being "taught" Nonetheless, It was definitely an experience to remember, a very bittersweet, tart experience lol.

I just know what my son tells me. And if he like it I love it. No complaints this far. I have looked at the syllabus for each class he is taking. And I find these classes he is taking will bring him into his next level of education. Go Largo!

The only thing good about this school is the Marching Band. The teachers try but the students overrule. Avoid this school unless you have a child who can ignore ignorance, get their work done in noisy classrooms and has a desire for band and music.

I am a Largo alum, as well as a parent of a Largo HS student. She is in the biotechnology strand and we have no issues. I do believe some of the teachers could apply more effort, but I am on top of that. Yes, some of the kids are disrespectful/unruly in the halls. But it is up to the child to take his/her education seriously (with our help) and to decide right from wrong when we aren't around. Largo has proven to be just as great for my daugher as it was for me. I had AP classes while there. If you are a REAL parent, raising your kids with morals, standards, etc, Largo should be no problem.

I first entered Largo as a junior in August 2010 and I was shocked. I came from Virginia and you had to know that the environment and the people was different from what I am used to. For one, the school is not diverse, the students are unruly to teachers and some teachers, take it or laugh it off and that's not right, the lunch is a mess (miss my school lunch back in Alex, VA) , the kids meander through the halls as if they have nothing better to do, and the place is old and stale, especially the nasty rest rooms. Not what I am used to but overall, its not a bad school. To me, just students who want to be bad. The people are nice, well some and it all depends on the student. Of course, there are kids who act up and there are kids who actually do a great job and the kids who do great jobs, get a bad rep for just attending Largo but that's why we work hard to differentiate ourselves from the knuckleheads and in the end we will be rewarding.

Largo High School has many special programs that most people are not aware. Like any school, if the teachers and the administration KNOW that you are supportive and involved AND you have your student in one of the specialized educational offerings, it will be a rewarding experience for you and your student. From our spot visits, the school is conducive to successful learning and the days of daily brawls are no more. The school definitely needs more parent participation but that goes for all schools that we have visited and attended PTA meetings.The Academy of Finance is great and the students attend overnight trips that are extremely educational and enlightening! The students that attend Largo High School and graduate from the special programs will continue to excel in college, You get out of it what you put in! One thing for sure graduating from Largo with advanced classes and programs and maintining a good GPA with all the distractions that public school has, YOU ARE WELL PREPARED FOR COLLEGE AND LIFE IN GENERAL! GO LIONS!

I think this school is off the chains and i definetly dont feel safe their. But I have to go their. I really dont like how the students take over the classrooms and tell the teachers what to do. If you think about putting your child in this school i recomend that you dont.

I attended this school for almost two years. I transfered at the end of eleventh grade. It is a terrible place to send your child from the students to the staff and to the work ethic. In my opinion, I would say there is only about one teacher in each grade (out of all the teachers and staff) that actully care about the students and giving them an education. Because of the original reputation that LHS has had for many years, the newer generation continue those crazy antics in the school's society. Authority has no respect for the students as to help them in bad times, or take on a situtation (as in a fight) in ways that a school should. The teachers do not care, administration is poorly put together. The Nothing benefits from coming to this school.

Don't go to largo high school if you plan on going somewhere in life. If you do you'll have to work like heck. Careless teachers, outrageous students, poor facilities, and lack of supplies(text books, etc.). Getting an education to go to college should never be this stressful and how do i know? I've seen examples of good schools and this is not one of them. I am not proud to be a largo high school student.

I am currently a senior at LHS, and I have expreienced the worse of times and I am blessed to have experienced the best of times. Since our new principal stepped in last year, she has made a positive change to the school. She has implemented programs that helps the students from all grades to prepare for post-secondarly life such as Advisory classes and College Summit. Honestly she has walked into a mess and she was able to turn it around and i applaud her. She didn't give up on us like some of the parent's that have posted comments have. My mother is very much involved in the school and there needs to be more like her. We don't need parents coming up to the school when their child gets suspended or when homecoming is cancelled, we need parents to be up there on back to school night for PTA.

Last modified Largo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.