Upper Marlboro, MD

Largo High School 2

Posted October 25, 2013
Largo High School is not for the weak hearted. I am an alumni student and my 4 years at the school were exactly what the rumors confirmed. By the grace of God I made it out of that forsaken territory. With the help of self determination, select counselors, peers, teachers, and administration who really cared; I was able to make it out on time (C/O 2013). The setting is filled with troubled youth trying any and everything to find a way to be socially accepted, minus the kids that actually want to become something in life. It was definitely a wake up call for me, as I sometimes found myself caught up in the fun and excitement of "High School", which was easy to do because of the laissez-faire attitude portrayed by the staff. Definitely not the worst school, but far from the best. Not to mention the school building is as old as sin lol. However, The bonds made inside the school are unbreakable. I actually learned more from attending than actually being "taught" Nonetheless, It was definitely an experience to remember, a very bittersweet, tart experience lol.

Posted August 23, 2013
I just know what my son tells me. And if he like it I love it. No complaints this far. I have looked at the syllabus for each class he is taking. And I find these classes he is taking will bring him into his next level of education. Go Largo!

Posted December 15, 2012
The only thing good about this school is the Marching Band. The teachers try but the students overrule. Avoid this school unless you have a child who can ignore ignorance, get their work done in noisy classrooms and has a desire for band and music.

Posted November 15, 2012
I am a Largo alum, as well as a parent of a Largo HS student. She is in the biotechnology strand and we have no issues. I do believe some of the teachers could apply more effort, but I am on top of that. Yes, some of the kids are disrespectful/unruly in the halls. But it is up to the child to take his/her education seriously (with our help) and to decide right from wrong when we aren't around. Largo has proven to be just as great for my daugher as it was for me. I had AP classes while there. If you are a REAL parent, raising your kids with morals, standards, etc, Largo should be no problem.

Posted July 27, 2011
I first entered Largo as a junior in August 2010 and I was shocked. I came from Virginia and you had to know that the environment and the people was different from what I am used to. For one, the school is not diverse, the students are unruly to teachers and some teachers, take it or laugh it off and that's not right, the lunch is a mess (miss my school lunch back in Alex, VA) , the kids meander through the halls as if they have nothing better to do, and the place is old and stale, especially the nasty rest rooms. Not what I am used to but overall, its not a bad school. To me, just students who want to be bad. The people are nice, well some and it all depends on the student. Of course, there are kids who act up and there are kids who actually do a great job and the kids who do great jobs, get a bad rep for just attending Largo but that's why we work hard to differentiate ourselves from the knuckleheads and in the end we will be rewarding.

Posted March 18, 2011
Largo High School has many special programs that most people are not aware. Like any school, if the teachers and the administration KNOW that you are supportive and involved AND you have your student in one of the specialized educational offerings, it will be a rewarding experience for you and your student. From our spot visits, the school is conducive to successful learning and the days of daily brawls are no more. The school definitely needs more parent participation but that goes for all schools that we have visited and attended PTA meetings.The Academy of Finance is great and the students attend overnight trips that are extremely educational and enlightening! The students that attend Largo High School and graduate from the special programs will continue to excel in college, You get out of it what you put in! One thing for sure graduating from Largo with advanced classes and programs and maintining a good GPA with all the distractions that public school has, YOU ARE WELL PREPARED FOR COLLEGE AND LIFE IN GENERAL! GO LIONS!

Largo High School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
I think this school is off the chains and i definetly dont feel safe their. But I have to go their. I really dont like how the students take over the classrooms and tell the teachers what to do. If you think about putting your child in this school i recomend that you dont.

Largo High School 1

Posted March 03, 2010

Posted April 27, 2009

Largo High School 1

Posted October 01, 2008
I attended this school for almost two years. I transfered at the end of eleventh grade. It is a terrible place to send your child from the students to the staff and to the work ethic. In my opinion, I would say there is only about one teacher in each grade (out of all the teachers and staff) that actully care about the students and giving them an education. Because of the original reputation that LHS has had for many years, the newer generation continue those crazy antics in the school's society. Authority has no respect for the students as to help them in bad times, or take on a situtation (as in a fight) in ways that a school should. The teachers do not care, administration is poorly put together. The Nothing benefits from coming to this school.

Largo High School
505 Largo Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD  20774
Last modified Largo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Largo High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top