Marlton Elementary School

Public | PK-6

Posted May 4, 2011

My son has attended this school since K. This is the BEST school. The focus on reading and math is fantastic. The after school program is educational and has homework time too as well as play time which is important. My son started out with a severe IEP in K and no longer needed it by 2nd grade. These teachers and Mrs Pica (principal) surround a kid and will not give up until the kid can fly on their own. the feedback between teachers and parents is A+ in form of agenda books, notes, email, nd open door policies. My son is now in 5th grade. This schools teaching methodology has been in place for years and it shows. He will definatley be going here in 6th grade!!!

Posted March 24, 2011

This school is great for kids to learn and grow. The atomsphere is amazing and even the most squimish kids can open up at Marlton.

Posted May 12, 2009

I was going to send my son to a private school, but decided to give Marlton a try. I have been very impressed with Marlton, the principal, teachers and staff. They are very caring and responsive to our children and parents. The K program is great. They really make sure that the children strive for excellence. Keep up the good work!!!

Posted May 12, 2009

Marlton is an excellent school. Teachers are very accomodating and supportive. My son is in the third grade and I have seen how much he has learned in the two years he had been here. My friend also speaks highly about the school's special education program. Her son is a first grader in the special ed room, and we are amazed at how much he has improved. They also have an excellent after care and instrumental music program! Marlton is truly a great school.

Posted May 11, 2009

My son has gone to this school for four years. Originally, we were going to send him to a private school but with experiencing Marlton it changed my mind. The teachers and staff are smart, caring and considerate of their pupils. They go that extra mile when any of the children needs extra help. I think any parent would see why Marlton is a fun safe and good environment for their child to learn in. The aftercare program and staff are equally as fantastik. The principal won an award as being a distinquished principal in Maryland and was written up in the post. She runs a fair, tight ship. Kudos to Marlton!!!!

Posted February 24, 2009

Marlton is a wonderful school. I have a pre K and a 2nd grader. My 2nd grader was identified as TAG and was suppose to attend Longfields, but I said no way, she can stay right at Marlton. I love the fact that the administrators know my children and the principal stresses character education. I still see my oldest kindergartner teacher, whom provided a very positive atmosphere, and she a retiree! The pre k program in great, my daughter tells everything about Ms Soufiane, good things!

Posted December 11, 2008

Marlton Elementary is the best hidden secret in PG County. The parental involvement and support is amazing and the teacher/administration is simply awesome. I have two children there now and both have adjusted well and my first grader began reading near the end of her kindergarten school year. I would recommend Marlton to any parent.

Posted November 2, 2008

This is the first year my daughter is attending Marlton but my wife and I love the school

Posted September 22, 2008

Marlton really is a great school. I have 3 kids there (6th, 4th, & 1st), all have been there since Kdg. The teachers are very attentive, and responds immediately to parental inquries. You can visit and observe at any time. They have a band and orchestra, from the beginners level on. The after care program is great, staff really involved, not just standing on the sidelines watching the kids run around-they have a schedule. I hear a lot of horror stories from parents who pay tuition, and are not satisfied with the school. I feel fortunate that not only are we not paying tuition, but my children, are experiencing a great start in the world of education.

Posted February 15, 2008

Marlton is a GREAT school! I have three children attending (5th, 2nd, 1st). They put a great emphasis on reading and math, and the county has implemented a new science program which gives the students hands on experiences. The principal and staff also work very hard on character education. My children are thriving - even my gifted ones, so I am perplexed at the low rating. The staff is friendly, competent, and welcome parental involvement. I volunteer regularly at the school, so I see first hand the extra effort and personal sacrifices (physical and financial) the staff gives willingly to provide the best educational opportunity for the children attending Marlton.

Posted September 7, 2006

Marlton is a great school! My daughter started her education here last year in Kindergarten. She had not attended any pre-K classes. By the end of the school year, she was reading on a second grade level! I'm excited to see how much more the staff teaches the kids this year! The entire staff has my family's respect and admiration. This school is part of the reason I moved to this area. The school has a reputation for its success in keeping parents informed, which motivates us to remain involved in the school's activities. The reading, physical education, music, and science curriculums are especially good. I really love the school spirit! Thank you, Marlton staff!

Posted February 6, 2006

Marlton Elementary is an awesome school. My son is in kindergarten and my daughter is in the 6th grade. Before attending Marlton, my 6th graders grades declined and she was obtaining C's and d's on her report card. After attending Marlton, for the second grading period she has made all A's and two B's. I absolutely adore there teachers. Marlton is truley dedicated to the success of all its student body. Thank you Marlton staff!

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 42%N/A42%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

8506 Old Colony Dr South