Upper Marlboro, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted September 23, 2013
Awesome!!!!! This school has been great. It represents what a good quality, public education is all about.

Posted August 25, 2013
I have 2 kids here in this school, everybody here are very communicating each other.

Posted May 02, 2011
I have four children who attend mattaponi, actually three since one has moved on to sevenh grade. Mattaponi ha been a wonderful learning experience for my childen as well as myself. My children were all under acheivers when they first attended mattaponi, coming from a couple of different schools that did nothing to actually help them to get better as far as actually working with them to better themselves. Mattaponi really cares about their students and if necessary will give them individual attention to ensure they get the help they need to improve themselves. I praise the entire staff at mattaponi. My children have all been on the honor roll since attending mattaponi. Thank you Mattaponi for the excellent work that you do. I could not have chosen a better learning facility.

Posted November 28, 2010
I moved to this area not knowing much of anything about Mattaponi ES. I work in the school system on the high school level, so I don't know a lot about the elementary schools. I must say I have been more than impressed with the Principal and staff at Mattaponi. It is truly a blessing in disguise. My son is a fourth grader and my daughter is in the first grade. I have had an excellent rapport with the Principal and every teacher that my children have had. The parents have a responsibility to reach out to the teachers and let them know that you are there and want to be involved. It is a partnership. If you don't do your part, then you can't expect great results. The same goes for your student. I love this school and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great education for their children.

Mattaponi Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2010
When the school has to deal with students with learning disabilities, they seem to be at a loss. Students who do not operate on the same level as the class are often met with a cookie cutter approach to learning. Those students typically become disenchanted with learning because they can not comprehend the concepts that are being taught. It is my observation that Mattaponi is either unaware of available options or choose not to take the steps necessary to properly identify and recommended available options for students with learning disabilities. Our notes in the agenda books went unanswered, our phone calls were not returned, and our visits to the school were met with excuses. After numerous attempts, a meeting was scheduled with the leadership. That leadership displayed a lack of interest with our concerns and the advancement of our child. That not only gave me chills .it gave me pause.

Mattaponi Elementary School 2

Posted January 11, 2010
My son attended Mattaponi for 3 years (first through 3rd grade), I enrolled him at Mattaponi because of all the wonderful accolades that I had heard from parents at the school. The first two years at Mattaponi were wonderful, but there was a definite transition in the third grade. The students went from learning for mastery, to learning to take a test. Our third grade teacher was for lack of better words a nightmare. I am a parent who devotes a lot of time and energy to making sure my child receives the best education that he can, and I trusted the Prince George's Co. school system to help me in my efforts. As a taxpayer and a parent I can't tell you how disappointing it was to find out that my honor roll student was not mastering anything, but be introduced to concepts and passed along.

Posted October 22, 2009
My son transferred to Mattaponi after attending Catholic School for grades 1-4. In the middle of the year we relocted and I have found Mattaponi to be more challenging than private school. He was a straight A student in his old school but Mattaponi's teachers, work load, etc... is actually more difficult. I was extremley impressed with the 4th grade team upon transferring him and the 5th grade team has provided even further confirmation that the entire faculty is committed to ensuring our children have the proper education that they deserve. The work is challenging so be prepared as a parent to be involved with homeworks, study techniquest, etc.. . Communication is requested and encouraged. I often do 'drop ins' on my child on my day off or during lunch if possible. I love this school and pray that the middle school will be just as good.

Mattaponi Elementary School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
Majority of the teachers are excellent , MS. SMITH, MS. HOLLAND, MS. JACKSON GREEN, MS. BRANDENBURG, The office staff, ms. worley, and school nurses, its just a few teachers that spoil the good ones, there needs to be more reviews of the teaher practices, and for the school to listen to when parents (especially when more than one, has a complaint on a teacher. Thank you.

Mattaponi Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2009
My oldest has transferred from this school last year. We were so sad, his middle school is just not as good. My younger one still goes there. Ms. Teshko is a very good teacher, we just wished we had more feedback. Dr. Hay is consistent with a great staff. We will be sad when we have to move.

Mattaponi Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2009

Mattaponi Elementary School
11701 Duley Station Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD  20772
Last modified Mattaponi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mattaponi Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top