Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have so many wonderful things to say about my son teachers, and all the other teachers I have met. Just an amazing staff.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The agenda for the weeks Homework is provided, along with the teacher sending a update through Class Dojo about what to expect. There is never too much, just the right amount, and the lessons are reinforcement from the previous lessons.

Mattaponi is such a wonderful example of Teachers, Parents, and Administrators working together for the best interest of the children. My son went to a charter school in kindergarten it was so unorganized, and we decided on Mattaponi. We are so glad we did. My son is excelling in every area. He loves going to school, and his reading and writing are above grade level. The PTO has many wonderful events, and the Principal is just setting the bar high. I wish other PG county schools would take note. These kids are learning, safe, and building strong values.

This is a Great School. The administration cares the stag is supportive and the kids are kids. All PG elementary school should strive to be this wonderful. Initially, I had to fight for my child's best interest, but since we reached an understanding my child has flourished! To me this is a hallmark example of how parents and educators have to communicate because it takes a village!

I would rate Mattaponi Elementary School in Upper Marlboro Maryland as an EXCELLENT school. The teachers are well educated which is passed on to the children. The children at Mattaponi are very eager to learn. They have a very high honor roll rate. They've recently incorporated the TAG program at the school. They have an open door policy so you're free to check in and sit in on your kids classes. The school offers music, they have spelling bees. My son really enjoys family night at the Book Sale which is hosted at the school. The PTO at the school does a great job of making Mattaponi a fun and safe place for the kids. They plan a ton of events that the kids can partake in ranging from fun day/carnival at school to mini block party at the school. The school is perfectly situated in a quiet neighborhood. The Principal and the Vice Principal are very loving nurturing people who genuinely care about the children at Mattaponi. The school offers an After Care Program run at the school which is great, because the staff helps and encourages the children with their homework. Hope this helps and there you have my view of Mattaponi Elementary.

Awesome!!!!! This school has been great. It represents what a good quality, public education is all about.

I have 2 kids here in this school, everybody here are very communicating each other.

I have four children who attend mattaponi, actually three since one has moved on to sevenh grade. Mattaponi ha been a wonderful learning experience for my childen as well as myself. My children were all under acheivers when they first attended mattaponi, coming from a couple of different schools that did nothing to actually help them to get better as far as actually working with them to better themselves. Mattaponi really cares about their students and if necessary will give them individual attention to ensure they get the help they need to improve themselves. I praise the entire staff at mattaponi. My children have all been on the honor roll since attending mattaponi. Thank you Mattaponi for the excellent work that you do. I could not have chosen a better learning facility.

I moved to this area not knowing much of anything about Mattaponi ES. I work in the school system on the high school level, so I don't know a lot about the elementary schools. I must say I have been more than impressed with the Principal and staff at Mattaponi. It is truly a blessing in disguise. My son is a fourth grader and my daughter is in the first grade. I have had an excellent rapport with the Principal and every teacher that my children have had. The parents have a responsibility to reach out to the teachers and let them know that you are there and want to be involved. It is a partnership. If you don't do your part, then you can't expect great results. The same goes for your student. I love this school and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great education for their children.

When the school has to deal with students with learning disabilities, they seem to be at a loss. Students who do not operate on the same level as the class are often met with a cookie cutter approach to learning. Those students typically become disenchanted with learning because they can not comprehend the concepts that are being taught. It is my observation that Mattaponi is either unaware of available options or choose not to take the steps necessary to properly identify and recommended available options for students with learning disabilities. Our notes in the agenda books went unanswered, our phone calls were not returned, and our visits to the school were met with excuses. After numerous attempts, a meeting was scheduled with the leadership. That leadership displayed a lack of interest with our concerns and the advancement of our child. That not only gave me chills .it gave me pause.

Last modified Mattaponi Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.